Question from a dummy

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugene

400 Club - QQ All-Star
When i listen to some music concert or movie on TV on a specific channel my home theater doesn't read the surround sound like a real 5.1 audio source. I don't see the usual blue light, but there is some activity in the rear channels like the rear speakers seem to replicate the fronts. What is the terminology of that kind of mix?

When i listen to some music concert or movie on TV on a specific channel my home theater doesn't read the surround sound like a real 5.1 audio source. I don't see the usual blue light, but there is some activity in the rear channels like the rear speakers seem to replicate the fronts. What is the terminology of that kind of mix?
Maybe one of the Dolby variants?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital

Yes it's some Dolby Digital because I see Dolby Digital but which one, I will have to check this a soon as switch to the channel or movie in question. It's probably AC-3
Even AC3 provides separation, its the broadcast TV standard you would notice a discreet effect on material that offers it..

Could it be your content is being broadcast or delivered as stereo on certain channels? Then being synthesized as faux surround in a stereo comparable version of "Dolby Digital"

Even AC3 provides separation, its the broadcast TV standard you would notice a discreet effect on material that offers it..

Could it be your content is being broadcast or delivered as stereo on certain channels? Then being synthesized as faux surround in a stereo comparable version of "Dolby Digital"
Yes it's stereo and that is what terminology I was looking for its finally a faux surround which I think is not like virtual surround like I said there's some activity in the rears, but not discrete, it's just that they could copy what's coming from the fronts in the rears.

Yes it's stereo and that is what terminology I was looking for its finally a faux surround which I think is not like virtual surround like I said there's some activity in the rears, but not discrete, it's just that they could copy what's coming from the fronts in the rears.
I would think faux surround and virtual surround are the same thing. Like Dolby Pro Logic IIx.

Back