Questions about Sonore ISO2DSD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried the SACDExtractGUI and it fails saying it can't open the port. I tried different ports but no go. Not sure what's happening here. Otherwise the GUI can ping my Oppo on the network with no problems when I hit the "test" button on the app.
Please post a screenshot of your SACDExtractGUI settings, and your Autoscript folder structure so that we can figure out why you have this problem.
Also please indicate whether you are using Windows, Mac, or Linux.

Only port 2002 is going to work, don't bother trying any other ports, thats a waste of time.
Thanks, I was advised of that by MikeyFresh on the HiFi Haven forum. But I'm still getting the message about not being able to access port 2002, although I can ping the player through the gui.
The disc I was using was an early Moody Blues SACD and it would show "CD" on the Oppo's window display so I switched to the Floyd DSOTM SACD and now it shows "SACD" but still no go for me. It's turned into a royal pain. I do have custom firmware on my 103 but AFAIK that should not prevent ripping.

That won't matter, all versions of the EuFlo enhanced version of sacd_extract (Windows, macOS, and Linux) are fully compatible with the front-end tool SACDExtractGUI, as well as the original version of the AutoScript for use in Oppo Blu-ray players.
I know. Just groping for anything obvious.

Hmmm, I don't have any experience in trying to use a player running a custom firmware to rip SACD.
OK I just checked and they said it (the Russian/Chinese whatever firmware) does not interfere with SACD ripping. (or scripts)
I still don't understand why the program can't communicate with port 2002 on the Oppo.
I can stream to the 103 from my pc, and ping the Oppo from the SACDExtractGUI so again not sure what is happening. I've turned off the firewall, made an exception for it, the whole 9 yards and still no go. Must be a Windows 11 thing, IDK.
I downloaded a copy of the sacd_extract program from a link on hifi haven out of curiousity and somehow Windows gave it a .cda extension! BTW the copy I'm actually using does NOT show up like that. So weirdness abounds, satisfaction not so much.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Well, I managed to find the right combination of files to get the newer SACDExtractGUI interface to play nice with the sacd_extract program. I've written an outline about how we (myself and other Oppo owners) went about it, so, if anyone's interested, drop me a PM.

EDIT: We're Mac OS X users, but I've been corresponding with some PC people about this, so the outline may prove useful to Windows folks as well.

Last edited:
After all this recent hullabaloo about the latest version of sacd_extract supposedly not working with SACDExtractGUI, or perhaps not with Oppo Blu-ray players, or even macOS, no lets make that Windows 11 and macOS, I disconnected my daily driver Sony BDP-S590, and unboxed my Oppo.
In the box with the Oppo was the same as it ever was USB flash drive housing the same as it ever was (since 2015) AutoScript version compatible with the Oppo 10x series Blu-ray players.
For any newbies or lurkers out there, that AutoScript folder (used on a flash drive in the USB port of the Blu-ray player) has never been changed since it's inception, its exactly the same as it was when released, no differences or revisions to it have been made because it does and always did work, ever since 2015 when the sacd_extract program used on the PC was at that time v3.6.
You can tell it's the same AutoScript, because the dates on the files in the DropBox repository from which it is downloaded remain the same as they ever were, the 3 files in that Oppo AutoScript folder have dates of February, and April 2015. Again, this is unchanged.
After connecting an Ethernet cable and AC power cord to the Oppo, I turned it on, and then identified its IP address using the Fing app for macOS desktop. That IP address was then entered into the Server Input of SACDExtractGUI, itself running the latest EuFlo enhanced version of sacd_extract 3.9.3-107 (in my case the macOS version).
After inserting the USB flash drive into the Oppo, the disc drawer opened and I placed an SACD in it, then closed the drawer. About 2 seconds later the disc's table of contents had been read by the Oppo, as evidenced by the player's front panel display reading SACD.
I then Ran the rip in SACDExtractGUI, on the very first try, with a single click.
What did we learn here?

Last edited:
I've done similar. I keep a flash drive with each of my Oppos and, afaik, they have never been updated over the years although I've made many transitions with the host files. All continue to work.

I've done similar. I keep a flash drive with each of my Oppos and, afaik, they have never been updated over the years although I've made many transitions with the host files. All continue to work.
My experience as well, going back to ISO2DSD and sacd_extract 3.6, straight through to October 2018 and Setmind's SACDExtractGUI with the original v3.9, on through to today with the latest EuFlo enhanced versions released over the past couple of years.
There has been no special combination of files, specially revised procedures, nor any other secret sauce necessary with the Oppo players, they are very straightforward to use for ripping SACD. The AutoScript folder used on the USB flash drive is the same as it was in 2015, and that has been compatible with all PC/host versions of sacd_extract since v3.6.
Any suggestion to the contrary is false and misleading nonsense, and does a disservice to newbies and lurkers who might be scared off in thinking this SACD ripping endeavor is too daunting and/or difficult to undertake.

My experience as well, going back to ISO2DSD and sacd_extract 3.6, straight through to October 2018 and Setmind's SACDExtractGUI with the original v3.9, on through to today with the latest EuFlo enhanced versions released over the past couple of years.
There has been no special combination of files, specially revised procedures, nor any other secret sauce necessary with the Oppo players, they are very straightforward to use for ripping SACD. The AutoScript folder used on the USB flash drive is the same as it was in 2015, and that has been compatible with all PC/host versions of sacd_extract since v3.6.
Any suggestion to the contrary is false and misleading nonsense, and does a disservice to newbies and lurkers who might be scared off in thinking this SACD ripping endeavor is too daunting and/or difficult to undertake.
I as well have had that same old AutoScript folder kicking around for years, as well as copies on 3 different HDD. I keep redundant backups of all my important utilities on separate HDD's and for the Oppo and other electronics also in a folder in my Documents, which resides on my D: drive because that is where I keep it to avoid the vagaries of Windows crashes, reinstalls of Windows, etc.

I too used the ISO2DSD and the earlier version of sacd_extract...I'm not new to this either, only new to the SACDExtractGUI and was curious to try it out.

I can not tell you why, but every time I tried to rip a SACD it would fail, the gui saying it could not connect to port 2002. I tried every copy of the AutoScript folder I had and got the same result. Now mind you I've had this folder for years and it always worked in the past.
But now after inserting the USB stick, although the drive would open, I would insert the disc and close the drive, it would fail every time.
I even downloaded a copy from the page 2 link on the now rather huge thread on hifi haven. Same result. Each time I would delete the old files on the flash drive and copy a "fresh" AutoScript folder from another location on my pc, and this with absolutely no other files on the USB drive.

One thing I did notice, one of my AutoScript archived folders had an sacd_extract date of 2018, other folders an sacd_extract of 2019.
Otherwise a file compare using a utility showed the other two files in my AutoScript folders identical. Regardless, all failed to work.

Once I changed out the AutoScript folder with the one I got from B&W Driver it worked first time. That's just a fact, plain and simple.
I can not tell you why, and we can speculate all we want, but I don't see any point.

Now it seems very odd that at least two people went through the exact same experience, and I can't explain exactly what happened.
Whether somehow both of us experienced some sort file corruption, a few bytes rearranged, I can't say. In my case though odd that it could happen on separate copies of the folder/files that I had successfully used in the past; I'm still investigating, trying to nail down what went wrong because it all just seems so... unlikely . Using a file compare utility has not yielded anything tangible, but still I will keep trying to understand, though it seems the prospects are diminishing.

Neither @B&W Driver nor myself are trying to do anything but get the desired end result. Successfully rip SACD's using the SACDExtractGUI.
Because he and I had similar problems, displayed them publicly and are somehow guilty of trying to run a line of BS, or do a "disservice" to anyone is patently absurd.
Sometimes "stuff" just happens. Don't shoot the messenger.

Bottom line:
Chances are no one else will have problem one using these utilities for ripping SACD's, and I encourage newbies to SACD ripping to proceed without worry.
Whatever the monkey wrench thrown in the gears existed for me, it's gone now and I can appreciate using the SACDExtractGUI over it's Sonore predecessor.

Neither @B&W Driver nor myself are trying to do anything but get the desired end result. Successfully rip SACD's using the SACDExtractGUI.
Because he and I had similar problems, displayed them publicly and are somehow guilty of trying to run a line of BS, or do a "disservice" to anyone is patently absurd.
Sometimes "stuff" just happens. Don't shoot the messenger.
Agreed. However, if the same "stuff" happened to the two of you and was resolved in the same way, there should be something useful to be learned from a forensic analysis of the two files.

I even downloaded a copy from the page 2 link on the now rather huge thread on hifi haven.
That is the original DropBox link and folder, and also where I got the Oppo-compatible AutoScript about 3 years ago, the files in that AutoScript folder have dates from early 2015.
I just clicked that very same link again, it yields the very same folder and files that it ever did, and no one needs to PM anyone to successfully use it.
So if that Oppo-compatible AutoScript is the same, and every version of the PC/host tool since 2016 have all been fully compatible with it (both ISO2DSD, and SACDExtractGUI), then what is this special sauce that you obtained from B&W Driver via PM that suddenly solved everything?
I'll answer my own question, that secret sauce simply does not exist. I will now exit this thread for good, as Kal's existing QQ thread (for Oppo and Pioneer Blu-ray players), and Beerking's existing QQ thread for Sony Blu-ray players are more than adequate for anyone wishing to get started ripping their SACDs, and the links to the software are all good.
In other words, there's really nothing to see here, this thread is useless unless this supposed secret Oppo user group's special sauce (only obtainable via PM) is unveiled.
I was concerned yesterday that perhaps my boxed up Oppo was no longer compatible with ripping SACD. That concern vanished in all of 5 minutes after unboxing it. I was also concerned that perhaps the links to the necessary software were no longer good, but this morning I confirmed that they are just fine, and exactly the same as they ever were.
I can only conclude that your troubles (and those encountered by B&W Driver too) were the result of user error(s). You'd help the forum members by telling us what those errors were, so that others might avoid them in the future.

That is the original DropBox link and folder, and also where I got the Oppo-compatible AutoScript about 3 years ago, the files in that AutoScript folder have dates from early 2015.
I just clicked that very same link again, it yields the very same folder and files that it ever did, and no one needs to PM anyone to successfully use it.
So if that Oppo-compatible AutoScript is the same, and every version of the PC/host tool since 2016 have all been fully compatible with it (both ISO2DSD, and SACDExtractGUI), then what is this special sauce that you obtained from B&W Driver via PM that suddenly solved everything?
I'll answer my own question, that secret sauce simply does not exist. I will now exit this thread for good, as Kal's existing QQ thread (for Oppo and Pioneer Blu-ray players), and Beerking's existing QQ thread for Sony Blu-ray players are more than adequate for anyone wishing to get started ripping their SACDs, and the links to the software are all good.
In other words, there's really nothing to see here, this thread is useless unless this supposed secret Oppo user group's special sauce (only obtainable via PM) is unveiled.
I was concerned yesterday that perhaps my boxed up Oppo was no longer compatible with ripping SACD. That concern vanished in all of 5 minutes after unboxing it. I was also concerned that perhaps the links to the necessary software were no longer good, but this morning I confirmed that they are just fine, and exactly the same as they ever were.
I can only conclude that your troubles (and those encountered by B&W Driver too) were the result of user error(s). You'd help the forum members by telling us what those errors were, so that others might avoid them in the future.
I can see you just won't let it go. If you will read my post I stated that I had no clue what the problem was, and doing a file comparison yielded no obvious results.
I also said it all seemed very unlikely. I can see no difference in the files I had/or downloaded except I noted different timestamps on two older copies of sacd_extract I have.
All the files were examined with a file comparison utility. I still don't know what the problem was....that seemingly identical files could function or not frankly puzzles me.
I gave out all the information I have; there's nothing else at this time I can add to it.

There's no secrets being harbored here, other than your persistence in apparently trying to make me out a liar or just incompetent with your "secret sauce" imprint on my words.
Every thing I stated was fact. If that doesn't satisfy you, then I have nothing else to give you.
I don't need to be lectured by you. I don't feel obligated to continue any discussion with you.

Does anyone have a link to "Kal's existing QQ thread (for Oppo and Pioneer Blu-ray players)"? I can't seem to find it in a search.

I have a dozen or so SACDs I'd like to rip to play in my car. I've consulted several sources, downloaded some files, and I'm still confused about exactly which software I need and how to use it. I have an OPPO 103D. I found a PDF from a user named haggis999 that has some instructions for using Sonore ISO2DSD, but some of the info seems as if it might be outdated.

Back