Quick update on shipping (Amps et al)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture

QQ Supporter
Ahoy all,

I figure posting here works since it affects mostly forum members.

The first few pre-production Amps, which were waiting on U.S. IEC power cables (and me burning signatures into two of them by request), and the remaining current orders of surround masters are going out the door......(check's watch) NOW.

This marks the first time the ordering system hasn't had an active processing order since February. It's like clearing the last of your Inbox, or emptying your spam.

*does happy dance*

~Captain Dave (Mrs)

Chienne officielle d'Involve Audio

This probably belongs in the "Show Us Your Gear!" thread, but seems like a good spot here also....

Feel a little guilty putting the two Sansui AU-5500's on the floor to put the Amp Master in their place, but it sounds quite nice. The Amp Master on the left next to the SM.

20220911_230429.jpg

This probably belongs in the "Show Us Your Gear!" thread, but seems like a good spot here also....

Feel a little guilty putting the two Sansui AU-5500's on the floor to put the Amp Master in their place, but it sounds quite nice. The Amp Master on the left next to the SM.

View attachment 83375

It's a nice pair, ya got there! Have the Sansui 5500's been officially retired or just removed? And how are you controlling level/balance? Feed the SM into the QSD-1 4ch input? And controlling level through that?

Speaking on behalf of @J. PUPSTER who also has just received the nifty new amp. Now he has the challenge of how to select decoded sources, L/R, F/B balance, over all volume to the new amp. You know, it just doesn't do to simply plug a CD-4 decoder into the amp box. And while the SM v2 has level controls I don't think they are the most convenient for adjusting on the fly. Does anyone have any suggestions how to best achieve this? I don't, cuz I've poked around quite a bit & can't find any I would recommend. Any suggestions for Jeff?

Speaking on behalf of @J. PUPSTER who also has just received the nifty new amp. Now he has the challenge of how to select decoded sources, L/R, F/B balance, over all volume to the new amp. You know, it just doesn't do to simply plug a CD-4 decoder into the amp box. And while the SM v2 has level controls I don't think they are the most convenient for adjusting on the fly. Does anyone have any suggestions how to best achieve this? I don't, cuz I've poked around quite a bit & can't find any I would recommend. Any suggestions for Jeff?
This is maybe a bit ridiculous, but one could use a cheap USB recording interface with XLR inputs and line outputs (like the Behringer UMC404HD) as a quasi-preamp for the amp master. CD-4 demodulator outputs would feed the four XLR inputs using RCA-to-XLR adaptors, then the RCA line outputs would feed the amp master. The four individual volume controls for the mic preamps would be used to set levels (no master volume though). That said, this workaround still doesn't address the issue of L/R & F/B balance or source switching. That Involve super surround preamp really can't come soon enough...

I was considering the 'Involve -Mini PreAmp Master', but Sonik reminded me it was 2 channel only, and not gonna get two of those :unsure:. I fear the Super PreAmp is still a ways off with all the delays.

You have heard of number of us here touting the Parasound P7 Preamp. It has 2 x 7.1 analog inputs and a phono pre-amp. I have my Surround Master connected to one set of those 7.1 inputs and my Marantz AVR connected to the other set. The remote has balance/fader controls as well as bass/treble. The bass/treble only affects the front channels, but I use the AVR Zone 2 for tone controls pre-feeding the Surround Master.

The unit is not cheap. Used, mine was close to $1000 with the shipping.

parasound p7 preamp: Search Result | eBay

If you are using this new IA amplifier in a second system, the Parasound P7 might be overkill but will do the job.

I'll see if I can think of anything else.

You have heard of number of us here touting the Parasound P7 Preamp. It has 2 x 7.1 analog inputs and a phono pre-amp. I have my Surround Master connected to one set of those 7.1 inputs and my Marantz AVR connected to the other set. The remote has balance/fader controls as well as bass/treble. The bass/treble only affects the front channels, but I use the AVR Zone 2 for tone controls pre-feeding the Surround Master.

The unit is not cheap. Used, mine was close to $1000 with the shipping.

parasound p7 preamp: Search Result | eBay

If you are using this new IA amplifier in a second system, the Parasound P7 might be overkill but will do the job.

I'll see if I can think of anything else.
I was afraid you'd go there! 💸💸💸💸🧯

View attachment 83375
Ya gotta luv dem blue eyes

View attachment 83375
What's that preamp? at the bottom of your pic, looks sweat???

It's a nice pair, ya got there! Have the Sansui 5500's been officially retired or just removed? And how are you controlling level/balance? Feed the SM into the QSD-1 4ch input? And controlling level through that?
Thank you Sonik! I think just removed the Sansuis for now. My hobby started when my father brought home a Sansui AU-5500 in the 70's...so they are near and dear. I am already thinking of ways to keep them in the system. With the tape loops, they allowed me to switch between the SM, QSD and Tate on the fly and with all the functions you mentioned for both front and back. It is really quite nice. With the Amp Master, I lose that as I replaced the two integrated amps with a pre-amp...a Hegel P20 that I saved for and picked up quite a few years ago and never really used. Now I have that feeding the SM then the Amp Master. However, the pre-amp introduced a very low hum that I really cannot stand and not sure I have the energy to try and figure out why....But I am using it for now, and it has a remote!! Brilliant.

Regardless, been fun with the new amp, and to my ears, it drives my Klipschs and sounds noticeably better than my two vintage soldiers.

What's that preamp? at the bottom of your pic, looks sweat???
That silver face is a Pioneer SA-7500 integrated. Built like a tank and a wonderful work horse...it was providing my center channel power, but it never got used. Regardless, it too now looks upon the blue eyed Amp Master with disdain!

I've been playing with, and getting acquainted with the Amp Master. Nothing but positives from my listening chair. I don't know how to describe what I like about it exactly...and always felt the talk in stereo mag reviews was a bit beyond me...so I won't try. Just simply, the Amp Master is bringing joy to my ears.

Nice job Involve Team.

Back