R.E.M. "Monster" (5CD/Blu-Ray 25th anniversary edition arriving in November!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood in around the 50, but 80 ummmm with the possibility of an old 5.1 nah

Do Like the upgrade in Bluray - will prob use some Amazon bux try to get it down to 30 or 20 even :giggle:
Everyone in at around $50, it's starting to inch upward on amazon:

1 item in your Saved Items has changed price.
EDIT: Eight and a half hours later:

1 item in your Saved Items has changed price.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
FYI, the best stereo mix I have ever heard of "Monster" is the 5.1 mix downmixed to stereo.
Not only do you get nice, upfront vocals, but the drums have never sounded better either.

Try it, you'll see what I mean.

:)
I did this and overall I agree. The ONE song I could not get the way I liked it was Let Me In. The original mix was just... better. Denser with vocals buried just the right amount. I had the same issue with Departure on NAIHF.

I broke down and pre-ordered this one. They're my second favorite band. I cannot have this come out and miss it. Especially cuz I want that new stereo mix.

This remix of "Let Me In" is even more radical than the remix for "What's the Frequency, Kenneth".
Listen for yourselves:

Wow! That’s quite a departure from the original mix. Mostly just Michael and Mike with the vocal way up front, no organ and just a hint of the tambourine. I like it. Looking forward to hearing how Scott Litt’s approach to remixing the album alters the other tracks.

This remix of "Let Me In" is even more radical than the remix for "What's the Frequency, Kenneth".
Listen for yourselves:

Yes, it's quite different. After the first listen I thought I liked it, with that 'unplugged' feeling and the vocals finally up there, loud and clear. Now that I've compared this remix to the original congested mix I am not so convinced anymore. I mean, so many layers have been removed, that it's a completely different song, and it's also shorter. The only problem of the original mix is the vocals... too buried in the mix, that's all.

Whatever Monster-related questions you want answered, now is the time to ask! Leave your question in the comments below (on Facebook) and yours could be selected and posed to Michael Stipe and Mike Mills at a special YouTube Monster Q&A event, moderated by Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman — coming soon! Stay tuned for more details and subscribe on YouTube @remhq
75429555_10156958053657984_1877257272241946624_o.jpg

Ditto, Mike. IMO, I'd rather invest in Surround Albums I don't already have on hi res physical disc ......and Scheiner's original was a MONSTER REMIX!
By Monster Remix I'm assuming you mean it's a good one. Since I don't have the DVD-A, I'm hoping it is the ES mix. By the way, ImportCDs is already showing this as in stock.

I broke down and pre-ordered this one. They're my second favorite band. I cannot have this come out and miss it. Especially cuz I want that new stereo mix.
So I am concerned now because I cannot find a receipt email from this pre-order and I cannot remember where I pre-ordered it from! :oops:

Back