R.E.M. New Adventures in Hi-Fi (25th Anniversary Edition with Blu-Ray out in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

zimmy

I´m very happy that i saw this thread this week and could by it. I haven´t compared the Bluray to the DVD-V but as it now is lossless that is a benefit in itself. Also there are some videos included which as on Automatic for the people can be played with the surround sound. This is my favourite R.E.M album and i think it sounds as fresh as when it came out. Unfortunately i cannot say that about all of their albums

tlake6659

Since 2002/2003
I´m very happy that i saw this thread this week and could by it. I haven´t compared the Bluray to the DVD-V but as it now is lossless that is a benefit in itself. Also there are some videos included which as on Automatic for the people can be played with the surround sound. This is my favourite R.E.M album and i think it sounds as fresh as when it came out. Unfortunately i cannot say that about all of their albums
The DVD-Audio is also lossless.

zimmy

The DVD-Audio is also lossless.
OK i have now seen that my disc is actually an real DVD-A and should be lossless.
What i can say that even if the DVD-A sounds good it doesn´t for example have the full steady bass as the Bluray have. But the main point is that it is really great surround on this album. It is also nice to have the video with Patti Smith on E-bow the letter among the others with surround audio.

Last edited: