Rack Mounted Encoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you still make this product? Hoping to get my hands on one.

Shows 36 kits in stock if you're enough of a "maker" to put one in a rack-mount case yourself.
If not, doesn't hurt to ask, the boss is always helpful.

@chucky3042
[email protected]

https://involveaudio.com/creators-makers/

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 2.55.16 PM.png

Yes mounting the encoder board in a metal chassis, attached to a rack panel is about as simple a DIY project as you can get! Manufactures like Hammond make different sized boxes or chassis, as well as rack panels. I like steel chassis for their rigidity. Others prefer aluminum because they are non magnetic. The encoder is small enough that you could even fit in a real power supply instead of using the wall wart, if you want. About all you would have to do is drill a few holes, and turn a few screws!

For a while, they offered a more advanced & full featured rack mount unit. I believe they were refining some things about it, but will let the guys respond as I'm not familiar with the details. At one point I was interested in getting one.

The eval encoder works great though! I plan to release some more material using it. Still writing/recording...

Back