HiRez Poll Raitt, Bonnie - NICK OF TIME [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Bonnie Raitt - NICK OF TIME

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
From EMI/Capitol: Comments and Observations Please....... (n):phones(y)

This is a super disc that sounded great in stereo, now it sounds even better in surround. I gave the music a 10, and the surround mix an 8 {I liked the surround mix quite a bit, but it could have been a little better}, still have to rate over all a ten, a must have, for me anyway. :sun

How aggressive is the surround mix on this one - I am on the fence about purchsing this since I have the DCC Gold CD version. If the surround mix is aggressive, I might go for it.

Thanks.

I only gave it a 5. Great music videos, but the regular program is a bit boring, and there's one song where she sings the words "shut up" ? Not too smooth there.

Based on the dts track (until I get the DVD-A), I'd rate it up there with Linda's 'What's New'.

Great tunes, and a full surround sound field.

Beautifully recorded.

It's hard to believe it's 20 years old.

Thanks to GabeL, I now have a 'real' copy...

It's a 10+ for sure.

My thanks to Dan for getting me hooked on it.

So you finally tracked down a copy...excellent!

I've often been tempted to get this one but never bothered because I have the DCC gold.

Always liked the song "Have a Heart"

It's a better album than its' follow up "Luck of the Draw" in my opinion, even though the latter apparently sold more. (12 million vs 9 million....wow she sold a lot of records back then!)

I like Bonnie but don't have any of her albums. This is the first. Love it. Sound is exceptional. Very discreete and active surrounds. Great voice, great mix. You can't go wrong here... I will likely give it a 9, but I am still listening...

Dusted this one off today and took it for a spin in the car. Forgot how good it was. Love the title song, and "Too Soon to Tell".

Capitol DVD-A's were always the hardest to find in the stores, and the most expensive as well. This is a good disc and one that should be included in a good DVD-A collection. Vocals in the center, but also everywhere else, the surround mix is full but not SW or ES discreet. It won't wow you, but it fits the music just fine.

A '9' from me.

Dusted this one off today and took it for a spin in the car. Forgot how good it was. Love the title song, and "Too Soon to Tell".

Capitol DVD-A's were always the hardest to find in the stores, and the most expensive as well. This is a good disc and one that should be included in a good DVD-A collection. Vocals in the center, but also everywhere else, the surround mix is full but not SW or ES discreet. It won't wow you, but it fits the music just fine.

A '9' from me.

I remember it as being plesant enough ill have to dust it off again if i can find the time with everthing else thats good

Yes as I said two posts up, I like it. Sound is great. I also like the Dts 2X disc of road rock. Another winner with some great tunes on it.

I only gave it a 5. Great music videos, but the regular program is a bit boring, and there's one song where she sings the words "shut up" ? Not too smooth there.

I'm dusting this one off after recently seeing Bonnie in a small venue. She had great interaction with the crowd and played 'Have a Heart', prior to the song she mentioned that these where some of the best opening verses of any song she has sung.

Hey!
Shut up
Don't lie to me
You think I'm blind but I got eyes to see

Anyway, at age 67 she still sounds as good as she does on the record some 15 years later.

Back