DVD/DTS Poll Raitt, Bonnie - Road Tested (2 Discs) [DTS CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Bonnie Raitt - ROAD TESTED

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations about this title...(y) (n)

DISC 1:
1.Thing Called Love
2. Three Time Loser
3. Love Letter
4. Never Make Your Move Too Soon
5. Something To Talk About
6. Matters Of The Heart
7. Shake A Little
8. Have A Heart
9. Love Me Like A Man
10. Kokomo Medley, The
11. Louis
12. Dimming Of The Day

DISC 2:
1. Longing In Their Hearts
2. Come To Me
3. Love Sneakin' Up On You
4. Burning Down The House
5. I Can't Make You Love Me
6. Feeling Of Falling
7. I Believe I'm In Love With You
8. Rock Steady
9. My Opening Farewell
10. Angel From Montgomery

I don't own this one just yet, but I had a wonderful listening experience of this at the Consumer Electronics Show. DTS had a room with a Genelec professional monitoring system that had been tweeked by Bruce Swedin, the engineer of the project. He was there playing some of his favorite tracks. Amazing experience, and the version of "I Can't Make You Love Me" on this is stunning and heartbreaking.

This one is different, as it was miked at several places from front to back in the venue and mixed accordingly. Not an aggressive mix, more of a room mix, BR wanted it that direction.

I don't own this one just yet, but I had a wonderful listening experience of this at the Consumer Electronics Show. DTS had a room with a Genelec professional monitoring system that had been tweeked by Bruce Swedin, the engineer of the project. He was there playing some of his favorite tracks. Amazing experience, and the version of "I Can't Make You Love Me" on this is stunning and heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I ordered this through Amazon Marketplace from an Australian vendor, and it arrived today.

I'm a bit baffled by the packaging: these are two discs, but instead of being packaged in a case designed for two discs it is packaged in two separate Super Jewel Boxes (the type used for DVD-Audio), with the box for disc one holding just the booklet with no back cover (you can see the disc through the case) and the second disc with the back cover but no booklet. Both cases were shrink-wrapped together.

All this looks a bit amateurish to me... :confused:
Anyone else had it packaged like that?

Best regards,
Oliver

All this looks a bit amateurish to me... :confused:
Anyone else had it packaged like that?

Best regards,
Oliver

yep, i've seen it packaged like that in the brick and mortar stores. in fact, i think that's the only way i've ever seen it.

I've seen it that way, and as a single "dual disc capacity" standard jewel box, as it was originally sold.

Either way, it's an entertaining listen. However, there is a video available witht he same (correct me if I'm wrong) audio mix, so there's something to be said about having the video to go with a live recording.

I think I have this on LaserDisc too, but I can't recall if it's a DTS LaserDisc. I think not. I haven't dusted off my LDs in a while. :D

As for the music and surround, it's pretty good. I love the duet with Brian Adams (not Ryan Adams) on "Rock Steady".

I've seen it that way, and as a single "dual disc capacity" standard jewel box, as it was originally sold.

That's how my copy is - DVDA sdized SJB with 2 discs in it.
Straight DTS-CD's here.
Not heard it often enough to vote yet - only just got hold of it.

yep, i've seen it packaged like that in the brick and mortar stores. in fact, i think that's the only way i've ever seen it.
Here it is the other way.

Attachments

• raitt20001..jpg
    raitt20001..jpg
    92 KB · Views: 532
  • raitt10001..jpg
    raitt10001..jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 528
.......However, there is a video available witht he same (correct me if I'm wrong) audio mix, so there's something to be said about having the video to go with a live recording.
Quick question - Can anyone confirm if the DVD has the same mix (in DTS) on the DVD???

Mine looks like Larry Geller's, a CD "flipper" two-disc jewel box. Mix or performance, I never thought a great deal of this. Perhaps I'm simply jealous, 'cause she's better looking than I am. In the dark, we look like twins. It is far from bad, however.

Listening to this as I type this and I am rather fond of it so far. I haven't gotten to my favorite songs on purpose yet, so waiting to vote, but at least an 8 for what I've already heard. Looking forward to listening to this all the way through, more than once.

Good surround mix and some excellent performances though why Bryan Adams has to be on this disc is beyond me. My favorites are the acoustic numbers Bonnie does.

Just listened to this two-cd DTS recording and I am very impressed. Great sound great music and lots of it. Hard to ask for more. I found the bass on this very impressive.

Back