• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SPOTLIGHT RARE QUAD LP'S, TAPES or CD'S

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Isao Tomita -Bermuda Triangle. CD-4 (and Bi-phonic according to the liner notes)

20170723_140210.jpg20170723_140229.jpg20170723_140459.jpg

In brackets it has the U.S. discrete # ARD1 , but was never issued. Instead RCA made this import available.

20170723_140449.jpg

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Nice I have that one too...I think it was one of the last CD-4s ever issued (1979!). Also I always thought the obi artwork looks like a lightsaber hilt.[/QUOTE]

If you look real close, you can see the BI-PHONIC listings on that OBI . I think it relates to the stereo issues.

There was one more to come, btw. It was released/imported to RCA in 80 I think. Gotta love the artwork of those RCA JAPAN CD-4'S .(y)

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just won auction on this...have heard the awesome conversion from reel but will be cool having the vinyl. Will go nicely with my copies of Carole King- Tapestry (4D-2) and Carpenters- The Singles (4D-22). Will add pics of those later. I understand this series from King records is pretty rare since most of the titles were released in SQ in the US.

Anyone else have any of these King titles? Been looking for Wakeman's Six Wives in CD-4 and some Project 3 titles released in QS in Japan only.

s-l1600.jpg

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
KOSS PERSPECTIVES QS

With the Crusaders , Jimmy Buffett, Michael O'Martian , Dusty Springfield all of whom never put out a quad disc on ABC.

20170707_194934.jpg20170707_194949.jpg

rustyandi

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Hi. All

I thought I would pop this LP in this thread seeing it is rare I don't now to much about it, I was informed that it was used in Japan for demonstration purpose only & was not released to the public and there weren't that many made.

''London'' CD-4 Demonstrations 1974...

I had never heard of this LP before
But since you put in on the site 4 others have been up for sale I have brought 1

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi. All

I thought I would pop this LP in this thread seeing it is rare I don't now to much about it, I was informed that it was used in Japan for demonstration purpose only & was not released to the public and there weren't that many made.

''London'' CD-4 Demonstrations 1974...

I had never heard of this LP before
But since you put in on the site 4 others have been up for sale I have brought 1
Ron, Is that on the London Records label ? Or....

a pic would be sooooo nice, or album #'s if pic's a problem, old buddy .:D

Me thinks that you just might have the Quad Collection of Collections........a real WOW factor for us quadro fans and collectors .

Gonna have to change your moniker to "QuadraUltramatisFather " .........via Australia no less. !! :D:smokin .

rustyandi

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
It is on London label
The same as the picture that is on the site
on the first page

Quadrifoglio

Just won auction on this...have heard the awesome conversion from reel but will be cool having the vinyl. Will go nicely with my copies of Carole King- Tapestry (4D-2) and Carpenters- The Singles (4D-22). Will add pics of those later. I understand this series from King records is pretty rare since most of the titles were released in SQ in the US.

Anyone else have any of these King titles? Been looking for Wakeman's Six Wives in CD-4 and some Project 3 titles released in QS in Japan only.

View attachment 30214
Hi,

Nope, but I might have bought one just for the album cover artwork, the car is a Ferrari Daytona. So it's a Carole King album...

Cheers!

Philip Spinner

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star