Rare white vinyl DSOTM SQ for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawmacias

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Check it out. Seller has a supposed white vinyl DSOTM SQ for $300.00 . Not the usual colored vinyl that are out there !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264376453076?ul_noapp=true
I checked out the pictures and found that the vinyl is a Netherlands stereo release and the cover is a U.K. SQ release. I informed the seller of this in hopes that the seller would clarify the auction on this. No clarification so far.

Check it out. Seller has a supposed white vinyl DSOTM SQ for $300.00 . Not the usual colored vinyl that are out there !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264376453076?ul_noapp=true
I checked out the pictures and found that the vinyl is a Netherlands stereo release and the cover is a U.K. SQ release. I informed the seller of this in hopes that the seller would clarify the auction on this. No clarification so far.
This is another con man.
The label on the LP CLEARLY STATES "STEREO".
.. people!!!

Yeah you are right. The AUSIE is pink. This is not one of those counterfeits , but a mismatch between the quad sleeve and the stereo record.

It seems that Ebay leaves it up to the buyer to validate a misrep.

I can't read the label, it too blurry. Sometimes encoded LP's are labeled Stereo, I would check the catalog number to be sure. I'm not enough of a Pink Floyd fan to pay that kind of money regardless.

It could be an honest mistake. I've certainly bought some of those in the past - a US Mindbenders LP in a UK sleeve, for example, sold by someone who simply didn't know, and looking at the seller's other stock, I'd be inclined to place them in the same category. One LP among 488 action figures.

But, as you say...
I informed the seller of this in hopes that the seller would clarify the auction on this. No clarification so far.
... no sign of the listing changing, so who knows?

It could be an honest mistake. I've certainly bought some of those in the past - a US Mindbenders LP in a UK sleeve, for example, sold by someone who simply didn't know, and looking at the seller's other stock, I'd be inclined to place them in the same category. One LP among 488 action figures.

But, as you say...
... no sign of the listing changing, so who knows?
Yeah, we had an ongoing conversation for a while. I sent him/her information and pic's from Discogs about both lp's and the person did acknowledge the issue. But as you have seen , no change in the auction. I mean, a person who is going to pay $300+ is going to do research .

Back