RCVR: Fisher Model 801 Quadraphonic Receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrockasaurus

Please post comments and photos of this quadraphonic receiver in this thread.

Fisher Model 801 Quadraphonic Receiver

Rarity: ULTRA RARE
Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

Fisher 801 Quad Receiver.jpg

This was top of the Fisher Quad receiver range in the early 70's.
The unit came with a CORDLESS remote control.

I have been tempted to buy the manual for this off eBay to get a pic of the remote

btw someone from audiokarma saw one of these at a garage sale with the remote, he didn't buy it because he considered it a waste of money

I have been tempted to buy the manual for this off eBay to get a pic of the remote

btw someone from audiokarma saw one of these at a garage sale with the remote, he didn't buy it because he considered it a waste of money

Gasp.:yikes...I cannot believe someone passed one up WITH the remote. The remote looks like bit a vintage electric shaver...easy to get lost over 40 years, I'm amazed any of the remotes have survived intact.

Here's a very low res image of the receiver w the remote (..only one I've got) just so anyone looking for one of these has a rough idea of what the remote looks like.

Fisher 801 w remote.JPG

A bit more info.....The Model Number for the Cordless remote was WT-50...it had a single button which controlled the tuner Autoscan advance function so you could move up the radio pre-sets remotely.

I think that's all it did....:(:p

oh so it just changed radio stations? I had a suspicion that was all it did, I remember reading about the fisher 801 somewhere that stated it had 2 remotes,

"The 701 and 801 both have the ability to access the Autoscan features using a wired remote control. The big difference between the 701 and 801 is that the 801 has the capability for an ultrasonic wireless remote control (WT-50)"

the reason I believe that the 801 also had a wired remote with directional control is because if you look at the faceplate of a 701 receiver, under the speaker knob selection there is a selection for remote directional control

heres the 701 faceplate

701faceplate2.jpg

I believe both faceplate's are basically the same, have to find a good pic of an 801

Back