Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Blrac

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I missed out on the Oppo 200 series because I hesitated to buy a 4k player nominalizing my use for it. If I had known sooner it was the last Oppo to be made, I would already own one. However, this, on paper, appears to be a clone. Rather expensive imo, but I will still buy it just to make sure I don't miss out this time around. I would still like more info and feedback, etc. Also, is there only one version or two like Oppo had?

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I missed out on the Oppo 200 series because I hesitated to buy a 4k player nominalizing my use for it. If I had known sooner it was the last Oppo to be made, I would already own one. However, this, on paper, appears to be a clone. Rather expensive imo, but I will still buy it just to make sure I don't miss out this time around. I would still like more info and feedback, etc. Also, is there only one version or two like Oppo had?
Good idea to get one if you don't have an Oppo. I suspect that even at about $1600 US, these will become as difficult to get as the COVID vaccine was this past January. For those of us with a Oppo, such as the 205, the 64 thousand dollar question is, "Should we get one of these as a backup?"

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I would still like more info and feedback, etc. Also, is there only one version or two like Oppo had?
See Post #1 in this thread. (And the linked page, which lists complete specs.)

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
One other consideration since they are three years newer than the last Oppos they should have more up to date software for playing recent blurays and 4K discs as well as possible other applications like streaming.
The only thing lacking AFAIK, Jeffie, is HDR10+ in the video department. Unless it will be available as an UPDATE! But it does incorporate Dolby Vision and HDR10 [minus the +]

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I recently backed up my Oppo 205 with a 103, so I don't see a purchase in my future; however it will be interesting to hear all the banter here from those that dip into these 🧐😋
Yeah, I don't plan going 4k so I'm hoping my 105 lasts as long as my eyes & ears do. I'm at that "just maintain" part of my life. But this is good news for others to have another option!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Until a bone fide review is published [I'm sure prior to the April 2021 launch] everything else is PURE SPECULATION! If they do plan to open up a U.S. office/customer service center, my concerns about repairs will certainly be somewhat quelled!

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Looks like it doesn’t play DVD Audio. WTF? And at $965 + for the 100 it is out of my price range.
With no DVDA capability and no analog out on the 100, how is this any different than the current 800 series Sony players out there?
Yeah, I'd need clarification on the DVD-Audio piece. There IS a DVD Audio/Video graphic. So, this is unclear to me.
Their WEB page clearly indicates DVD~A/V

So I emailed and asked if the player will do 'pure' DVD-Audio, we'll see what comes back.
PS: I also asked them if it was effectively an Oppo!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I’ll be waiting for this to arrive with a North American edition!!! Will it be an ALL-REGIONS player though?
MM, if it follows OPPO's guidelines.....most probably NOT! All OPPOS used to play PAL DVDs with no hiccups but when it came to Blu Ray ...you had to pay extra for an all region chip to be installed.

LennonCobain

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
So I emailed and asked if the player will do 'pure' DVD-Audio, we'll see what comes back.
PS: I also asked them if it was effectively an Oppo!
What do you mean by pure DVD-A? My Sony supports DVD-A but via HDMI which I assume is what these players will do too.