Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. A THREE CHANNEL MCINTOSH????
3 channel=center and two rears
2 channel preamp for front left/right
2 channel amp for front left/right
4 channel amp for 4 height speakers.
You state that the Sony UBP-X800M2 do not play 4K, but it does. I use one to play UHD and BD in my music/movie room, and as a backup for my 105D as MC disc player.
Oop's I was wrong about that.

Attachments

• IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 67
I still have my Arcam DV-137 universal SACD/DVD-A/V player boxed in the loft, this will play anything except Blu Rays. So if my Oppo 95 fails I can pull the DV-137 out and partner it with anything that plays Blu Rays. Ideally I'd like an Oppo 205, but that's fantasy land.

3 channel=center and two rears
2 channel preamp for front left/right
2 channel amp for front left/right
4 channel amp for 4 height speakers.

Oop's I was wrong about that.
Nice setup! Love all those pretty blue lights and meters. However, this RAMS fan is not liking that ugly helmet on the top left shelf. GO RAMS!!!!! :)

At the time I was doing my upgrade, about 15 months ago, the OPPO 205 was selling from dealers on eBay for $6500.00, no way.
I felt at the time I made a very smart purchase for my audio/video needs.

1. Sony UBP-X800M2plays all but not 4K. I purchased this solely for the ability to play SACD and DVD-A, although my entire collection is ripped, I thought it would be a good idea just in case, and many DVD-A's have some video content, pictures lyrics, etc. I believe it was around $200.00.
2. Panasonic DP-UB900P-K at the time this was/is the highest rated Blu Ray player, 4K and Atmos able. I use this for the occasional movie that I watch, but my music Blu Ray collection is all ripped also.

The total for these two units was $1300.00 a lot cheaper than an eBay OPPO. They are both black face and stack perfectly on top of each other, everyone who comes over thinks it is a single unit.

SACD and DVD-A combo players are hard to find, minus the Sony.

Ripping all your hard discs is a far superior way for your listening pleasure.
All this said had the Post # 1 new player from Reavon been available 14 months ago I might have entertained purchasing it.
View attachment 75526View attachment 75527
I have this player and it does play 4k, it plays everything but is region locked, if it was region free it would be amazing value for money

I have this player and it does play 4k, it plays everything but is region locked, if it was region free it would be amazing value for money
Is there no multi region mod for it, for DVD and/or Blu Ray? My Oppo 95 is DVD region free (Oppo super disc) and can select any Blu Ray zone (plug in hardware mod).

Is there no multi region mod for it, for DVD and/or Blu Ray? My Oppo 95 is DVD region free (Oppo super disc) and can select any Blu Ray zone (plug in hardware mod).
[/QUOTE

You can buy them region free from amazon for a hefty premium but it invalidates the sony guarantee so not worth it, i got myself a panasonic 4k player and made it region free for my american and canadian dvd’s, it was dirt cheap on a 2nd hand site here in the uk, i dont have any “foreign” blu rays so not a big deal

Blu Rays are mostly made all regions or AB anyway. But there are just enough that are only A (looking at you Season 4 of The Expanse) with no non US release, and just enough that are only B (Blu Rays of TV series typically) that I finally had to get a multi region mod for my Oppo 95 this year having survived over a decade without.

Yes, I used a thumb drive for a little while, may create another 5.1 HDD for this system with the Sony player. That gets me around burned DVD-A playback issue. Really has been trouble free. Can’t comment on the UPB-800 Mk II, I imagine it’s very close to mine.
Trouble free until last night. First thought was the remote or its batteries. Then I tried the front panel buttons. Nothing. So today I check to see power cord is firmly inserted; it’s integral. Shrug. Not I read reports of failures and parts no longer available. I got 5 years where some owners got less than two! What to do next?

Edit: Comments point to power supply, yet the USB powered HDD is blinking as powered!

Last edited:
Trouble free until last night. First thought was the remote or its batteries. Then I tried the front panel buttons. Nothing. So today I check to see power cord is firmly inserted; it’s integral. Shrug. Not I read reports of failures and parts no longer available. I got 5 years where some owners got less than two! What to do next?
Which player is this?

Edit: Comments point to power supply, yet the USB powered HDD is blinking as powered!

Back