Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew--glad to hear it! (I've got the same year & model. I've gotten periodic freezes, too, from the get-go--usually during or after using Netflix--and unplugging is the only solution.)
I expect this with my DISH Hopper once in a while, the X800 had never done this.

While reading Phil Ramona’s great book I wanted to play Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company in 5.1 off the HDD after his telling of its recording process near the end of Ray’s life. Got that done now.

Whew--glad to hear it! (I've got the same year & model. I've gotten periodic freezes, too, from the get-go--usually during or after using Netflix--and unplugging is the only solution.)
Funnily enough mine always happens after changing inputs too, must be more common than we think

For some reason, this is an ongoing problem with Sony players. I've had to do this many times, and I want to know why it keeps happening.

For some reason, this is an ongoing problem with Sony players. I've had to do this many times, and I want to know why it keeps happening.
This happened a lot with my original 800, returned it.
The 800M2 I bought a year later has done it once or twice but that it

Supposedly it’s something to do with connecting the player to Wi-Fi. I’ve kept mine offline and have had little to no issues, except sometimes it will lock up trying to play an mkv file from USB and I’ll have to unplug it.

Trouble free until last night. First thought was the remote or its batteries. Then I tried the front panel buttons. Nothing. So today I check to see power cord is firmly inserted; it’s integral. Shrug. Not I read reports of failures and parts no longer available. I got 5 years where some owners got less than two! What to do next?

Edit: Comments point to power supply, yet the USB powered HDD is blinking as powered!
Buy an Oppo...

Yes, less than the price of the $1800 USD Reavon UBR-X200 their sole universal POS and twice as good.
The winning bid for a 203 "in excellent condition" was $1,300 yesterday (plus $34 shipping and tax). A best offer 203 went for something less than $1,050.

eBay completed listings for all Oppo items.

They're hardly rare. There were close to 200 active listings today, including accessories and "parts only" machines.

What's really gone up is the Blu-ray region-free attachment. I got mine for about $55 and it's selling for $150.

The winning bid for a 203 "in excellent condition" was $1,300 yesterday (plus $34 shipping and tax). A best offer 203 went for something less than $1,050.

eBay completed listings for all Oppo items.

They're hardly rare. There were close to 200 active listings today, including accessories and "parts only" machines.

What's really gone up is the Blu-ray region-free attachment. I got mine for about $55 and it's selling for $150.
I remember installing the region free device in one of my older Oppo years ago but I thought the newer Oppo's is just a back door into the configuration...I know, you love it when I talk dirty...

That's just nuts!
All that cash for a used player that doesn't look or sound a bit better than a new $200 Sony.
Yea they have some nice onboard DAC's, soooooo?
Fugetabotit.

My Oppo 93 freezes up periodically. A simple power off/power on cycle fixes that though.
Freezing / lock-ups are indicative of badly written and incompletely tested software. Sadly it is all too common these days. Properly written software is done so defensively that identifies the invalid state traps that cause lock ups and provides automatic recovery pathways. Costs money of course so guess what?....

Back