Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it doesn’t play DVD Audio. WTF? And at $965 + for the 100 it is out of my price rang.
With no DVDA capability and no analog out on the 100, how is this any different than the current 800 series Sony players out there?
Yeah, I'd need clarification on the DVD-Audio piece. There IS a DVD Audio/Video graphic. So, this is unclear to me.

Their WEB page clearly indicates DVD~A/V

https://www.reavon.com

WP.jpg

REAVON UBR-X200

This flagship universal disc player has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc playback. The UBR-X200 features extremely rigid construction to achieve high S/N ratio for quality audio and video performance. With support for the spectacular Ultra HD Blu-ray™ format, you can enjoy the beautiful experience with four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. The UBR-X200 is compatible with the latest Dolby Vision® format that provides a stunning HDR imaging technology with extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness to the screen. Texas Instruments Burr-Brown Audio PCM1690 Series DACs are used to provide audiophile sound. Other features include SDR/HDR Preset Mode, Direct/Transport Function, SACD / DSD compatibility, multichanel audio analog capability and XLR balanced output terminal.

Main features

• Universal Disc Player - Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, SACD, CD
  • BD-Live/BONUSVIEW
  • HDR10
  • Dolby Vision
  • 36-bit Deep Colour/”x.v.Colour”
  • Dual HDMI Output
  • Video Adjust
  • Backlite Remote Control
  • DLNA / SMB host
  • Fast boot
  • Multimedia playback (MKV, FLAC, DSD, AIFF, JPG)

Video features

• 4K Scaling - Enhance the home cinema experience by quadrupling Full HD 1080p resolution with 4K (3840 x 2160) scaling of all video sources.
  • True 24p Cinema - Many Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs are encoded at 24 frames per second, the same frequency as the original film screened in theaters. The UBR-X200 maintains the original 24-fps rate straight through to the screen with progressive scanning.
  • Dolby Vision® - This stunning HDR imaging technology brings extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness to the screen.
  • Video Adjust - Set the brightness, contrast, color saturation, hue, sharpness and noise reduction.

Audio features

• Texas Instruments Burr-Brown Audio PCM1690 DACs
  • Large-Capacity PCB Toroidal Transformer (Military Engineering Class)
  • Custom Audiophile Capacitors
  • Direct Function for Pure Analogue Audio Output
  • Dual HDMI Output for Pure Digital Audio Output
  • Jitter-less Clock
  • Ultra-Rigid Construction
  • 3 mm Steel Plate Rigid Under Base for Low Noise and Low Centre of Gravity
  • High Quality Main Circuit Board for High S/N Ratio
  • Rigid & Quiet Optical Drive
  • 24-Bit Delta-Sigma DAC
  • 8-Channel DAC:
    • High Performance: Differential, fS = 48 kHz
    • THD+N: –94 dB
    • SNR: 113 dB
    • Dynamic Range: 113 dB
    • Sampling Rate: 8 kHz to 192 kHz
    • System Clock: 128 fS, 192 fS, 256 fS, 384 fS, 512 fS, 768 fS, 1152 fS
    • Differential Voltage Output: 8 VPP
    • Analog Lowpass Filter Included
    • 4x/8x Oversampling Digital Filter:
      • Passband Ripple: ±0.0018 dB
      • Stop Band Attenuation: –75 dB
    • Zero Flag
    • Data Length: 16, 20, 24, 32 Bits
  • Analog Mute by Clock Halt Detection
  • Music File Playback: FLAC (2.0/5.1), M4A, AIF, AIFF, DSF (2.0/5.1), DFF (2.0/5.1), MP3, OGG, APE
  • Home Theater Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HRA, DTS:X

Terminals

• HDMI 1 Out for Audio/Video
  • HDMI 2 for Audio Only
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Digital Optical Out
  • USB In (1 USB 2.0 Front, 1 USB 3.0 Rear)
  • Ethernet
  • RS-232C
  • Analogue Audio Out Stereo (RCA Unbalanced, XLR Balanced)
  • Analogue Audio Out 7.1/5.1

Specifications

• Power Requirements: AC 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz
  • Power Consumption: 42 W
  • Power Consumption During Standby: 0.45 W
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 82 x 351 mm
  • Weight: 6.8 Kg / 15 lbs

One thing they can't "clone" is Oppo quality...I'd rather take my chances with a used Oppo

It REALLY looks like they purchased the rights from OPPO [for a hefty fee???] as the two players suspiciously replicate both the Oppo 203/205. Stranger things have happened, Clinty, but if so, GREAT NEWS for all those who missed out when Oppo ceased production of ALL Universal Players!

Sadly, nowadays there aren't too many SECOND CHANCES and if this is so........BRAVO!

But then the question arises: Will worldwide customer service as legendary as OPPOs be available should something go awry?

It REALLY looks like they purchased the rights from OPPO [for a hefty fee] as the two players suspiciously replicate both the Oppo 203/205. Stranger things have happened, Clinty, but if so, GREAT NEWS for all those who missed out when Oppo ceased production of ALL Universal Players!
Did you see a price for the UBR-X200?

Someone on the Facebook Oppo Users Group reports 1599 EUR (which includes 19% VAT). So maybe 1599 USD also (MSRP)?

The company producing this is the French outfit that developed the "Zappiti" software behind Plex/Kodi and some high-end hardware file streamers.

Sounds promising but as I indicated in my above post, will customer service be as robust as Oppo's which, IMO, was second to NONE. SONY, for example, SUCKS and I'm being charitable!

Back