Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on the Oppo 200 series because I hesitated to buy a 4k player nominalizing my use for it. If I had known sooner it was the last Oppo to be made, I would already own one. However, this, on paper, appears to be a clone. Rather expensive imo, but I will still buy it just to make sure I don't miss out this time around. I would still like more info and feedback, etc. Also, is there only one version or two like Oppo had?

I missed out on the Oppo 200 series because I hesitated to buy a 4k player nominalizing my use for it. If I had known sooner it was the last Oppo to be made, I would already own one. However, this, on paper, appears to be a clone. Rather expensive imo, but I will still buy it just to make sure I don't miss out this time around. I would still like more info and feedback, etc. Also, is there only one version or two like Oppo had?

Good idea to get one if you don't have an Oppo. I suspect that even at about $1600 US, these will become as difficult to get as the COVID vaccine was this past January. For those of us with a Oppo, such as the 205, the 64 thousand dollar question is, "Should we get one of these as a backup?"

One other consideration since they are three years newer than the last Oppos they should have more up to date software for playing recent blurays and 4K discs as well as possible other applications like streaming.

The only thing lacking AFAIK, Jeffie, is HDR10+ in the video department. Unless it will be available as an UPDATE! But it does incorporate Dolby Vision and HDR10 [minus the +]

I recently backed up my Oppo 205 with a 103, so I don't see a purchase in my future; however it will be interesting to hear all the banter here from those that dip into these 🧐😋
Yeah, I don't plan going 4k so I'm hoping my 105 lasts as long as my eyes & ears do. I'm at that "just maintain" part of my life. But this is good news for others to have another option!

Looks like it doesn’t play DVD Audio. WTF? And at $965 + for the 100 it is out of my price range.
With no DVDA capability and no analog out on the 100, how is this any different than the current 800 series Sony players out there?
Yeah, I'd need clarification on the DVD-Audio piece. There IS a DVD Audio/Video graphic. So, this is unclear to me.
Their WEB page clearly indicates DVD~A/V

https://www.reavon.com
So I emailed and asked if the player will do 'pure' DVD-Audio, we'll see what comes back.
PS: I also asked them if it was effectively an Oppo!

I’ll be waiting for this to arrive with a North American edition!!! Will it be an ALL-REGIONS player though?

MM, if it follows OPPO's guidelines.....most probably NOT! All OPPOS used to play PAL DVDs with no hiccups but when it came to Blu Ray ...you had to pay extra for an all region chip to be installed.

Is that Marmite spread on to it?

My toaster doesn't make toast very well :unsure: maybe it'll play some discs :sneaky:

Your toast might be better served with some

See the source image

Back