Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless im missing something there is no HDMI input, no optical in, and no USB DAC... I'm using all three on my 105. I would love a 4k equivalent but a used 205 is crazy expensive.

Who knows? They may well be being made in the same factory in China!

In the case of Oppo...quality means more to me than merely assembling a unit in a factory...it encompassed the design team in California...and the willingness to stand behind the product with awesome customer service...it was the total package

For those that are interested...or just curious....this thread should be interesting to follow...the opinion there is that these are NOT Oppo Clones...more like Pioneer players...
Great find, with that thread link , Clint ... (y)
Lots of folk chomping at the bit to see if this can come anywhere near the much reverred Oppo's.
Definitely needs an in depth review.
And as Ralphie says....not much point to it, at those prices, if not backed up by superb customer service.
Even so , interesting times.

Last edited:
Or half the resolution....
eh no problemo, just plug it into your dryer outlet :smokin
1614873549711.gif

I remain dubious. If anything it looks like a 103 both without multi channel outputs and with them. There is clearly no separate audio board as per the 205.

Given I own 95 and don't have a 4K TV, I can't see why I'd buy one of these. Offer me a good condition 205 at a sane price and I'd bite your arm off.

I remain dubious. If anything it looks like a 103 both without multi channel outputs and with them. There is clearly no separate audio board as per the 205.

Given I own 95 and don't have a 4K TV, I can't see why I'd buy one of these. Offer me a good condition 205 at a sane price and I'd bite your arm off.

That's the problem Owen, no one seems to be offering the Oppo 205 at a sane price. The fancier of the two Reavons may be their only alternative if they want a machine in this configuration with analog outputs.

That's the problem Owen, no one seems to be offering the Oppo 205 at a sane price. The fancier of the two Reavons may be their only alternative if they want a machine in this configuration with analog outputs.

Didn't Clint Eastwood once post that OPPO 205s on ebay were going for as high as $9K ?????

And then you have the hunt for a modern AV amp that still has multi channel analogue inputs. If a modern AV amp is the direction you want to go in.

Back