Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it's a case of price == performance.
The statement the the Oppo-205 is a "toy" is patently ridiculous and arrogant.
I haven't argued crap like this in years.
I have no issue with people who have the desire and disposable income to spend whatever they fancy on gear.
It's your money.
Just don't think I grant you any superior points for doing so or believe that it is superior in any way except cost.
The self-satisfied attitude is is obnoxious & fake.
Tell your pals over the glass of red wine that you found in a Spanish Galleon.
Personally I don't GAF

I guess it's a case of price == performance.
The statement the the Oppo-205 is a "toy" is patently ridiculous and arrogant.
I haven't argued crap like this in years.
I have no issue with people who have the desire and disposable income to spend whatever they fancy on gear.
It's your money.
Just don't think I grant you any superior points for doing so or believe that it is superior in any way except cost.
The self-satisfied attitude is is obnoxious & fake.
Tell your pals over the glass of red wine that you found in a Spanish Galleon.
Personally I don't GAF
Well, mostly I agree with you. But you didn't properly quote the post that so offends you so I guess I will have to leave it at that.

Last edited:
Anything piece of equipment that is stereo only is not worth consideration.

Just to follow up, at least most of these two channel DACs aren't priced like some over priced, high end CD players. What a total waste of cash.

Just to follow up, at least most of these two channel DACs aren't priced like some over priced, high end CD players. What a total waste of cash.
That's the problem Owen, no one seems to be offering the Oppo 205 at a sane price. The fancier of the two Reavons may be their only alternative if they want a machine in this configuration with analog outputs.
[/QUOTE
It was not until I started getting into SACD and the DSD format I started seeing weakness in my pc. My wife had a Sony BD player that we bought six years ago and I found that it had a lovely dac chip in it and played SACD so that started me looking at the OPPO ..wow the price has skyrocketed.!!I am at a real weird place where I am wondering if my days of chasing media need to stop because I had many chances to buy a sanely priced OPPO before.

What a shame the big Panasonic DP-UB9000 is so crippled, they could have had a winner here but, no SACD, no DVD-A WTF?
They missed the boat. My first DVD player was Panasonic and first 2 Blu Ray players as well. After learning of some odd anomalies in disc testing QA, I'm done with them.

Back