Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to expensive,and the cheapest one don't even play SACD's!:unsure:

Except it does

Screenshot 2021-06-28 074708.png

Specification.

That's an older side,here is the newest one.SACD playback was removed from specs recently.

REAVON UBR-X100
This universal disc player has been elaborately engineered for the ideal disc playback. The UBR-X100 features extremely rigid construction to achieve high S/N ratio for quality audio and video performance. With support for the spectacular Ultra HD Blu-ray™ format, you can enjoy the beautiful experience with four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. The UBR-X100 is compatible with the latest Dolby Vision® format that provides a stunning HDR imaging technology with extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness to the screen. Other features include SDR/HDR Preset Mode, DSD compatibility, and dual HDMI output terminals.

ULTRA-RIGID CONSTRUCTION WITH STEEL PLATE BOTTOM PANEL
The 1.6 mm-thick chassis base is reinforced with a 3 mm-thick steel plate Rigid Under Base to minimise the mechanical motion sound from the BD drive. The result is significantly low noise and even more rigid and stable chassis structure.

UNIVERSAL PLAYER
As a universal disc player, the UBR-X100 can play various optical discs including the latest disc format Ultra HD Blu-ray which has four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, as well as Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, CD and music, video and audio files such as FLAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, JPG, TIFF, MKV and M2TS. The UBR-X100 can also play your audio and video contents from an external drive via USB or DLNA.

MEDIA INFORMATION
ON-SCREEN DISPLAY

You can display the disc information on your screen by pressing and holding the remote control’s INFO button. In addition to the playing disc’s details, you can easily check mastering information such as MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) and MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) available on some HDR content, as well as HDR and HDMI output information.

That's an older side,here is the newest one.SACD playback was removed from specs recently.
Well spotted!! That's very odd. Although the spec for the X200 still shows SACD capability. I've no idea what they are up to. It could all turn out to be great but they are not inspiring confidence at the moment. A little bit of communication might help!

Well, these 65 year old ears probably can't tell the difference (be they real or imagined) between DAC chips. Actually, I know they cant! I've got equipment with DAC chips in that are many generations earlier than the 1690 and they sound fine to me.
The multichannel analogue outs on the 200 would be a real problem solver for me so I might have a punt on one.

Last edited:
Yea, that's what I was thinking. The TI PCM-1690 is $4.56 chip!
But I missed out on the 105 and currently own the BDP-95.
May have to go for this 200.

I own a BDP-95 and the only thing I would upgrade to would be a 205 for the 4K video, if I could get one for a sane price. I don't see what the 105 adds for me since I have no use for the digital inputs. The 95 has a Sabre DAC and a separate linear supply for the analogue audio. OK a 105 would add SACD ripping but I could get a cheap Sony for that, and a 105 adds gapless playback of multi channel files. But I'm not ripping my multi channel stuff, I just can't face the effort.

Last edited:
I own a BDP-95 and the only thing I would upgrade to would be a 205 for the 4K video, if I could get one for a sane price. I don't see what the 105 adds for me since I have no use for the digital inputs. The 95 has a Sabre DAC and a separate linear supply for the analogue audio. OK a 105 would add SACD ripping but I could get a cheap Sony for that, and a 105 adds gapless playback of multi channel files. But I'm not ripping my multi channel stuff, I just can't face the effort.
I have a BDP-95 and a BDP-103, the 95 is not so good for steaming files from my computers hard drive. The manual calls that function experimental. DSD (.dsf) files can be played in their native format from a USB flash drive or Hard Drive with the 103 but aren't recognised by the 95 at all, The 95 won't recognise my USB hard drives only small flash drives. I settled on the 95 rather than a second 103 or 105 due to cost, it's used in my second system, While a great machine I would of prefered a 105 or even another 103. As for 4K video, I could personally care less, my passion is audio.

I've got an Oppo 205 in my main system, and was looking for an Oppo 203 for my bedroom (my two needs up there are 4k/Dolby Vision Blu-ray Player and DLNA renderer to stream 5.1 and stereo files from my music server in my main system downstairs). So do I spend about $1k for a used 203, or go for a new Reavon UBR-X100?

I should add that my bedroom setup is with an LG Atmos soundbar and everything is connected via HDMI, so it's not for critical listening, but I want to make sure I can play everything (though SACD and DVD-A probably won't get played upstairs).

I've got an Oppo 205 in my main system, and was looking for an Oppo 203 for my bedroom (my two needs up there are 4k/Dolby Vision Blu-ray Player and DLNA renderer to stream 5.1 and stereo files from my music server in my main system downstairs). So do I spend about $1k for a used 203, or go for a new Reavon UBR-X100?

I should add that my bedroom setup is with an LG Atmos soundbar and everything is connected via HDMI, so it's not for critical listening, but I want to make sure I can play everything (though SACD and DVD-A probably won't get played upstairs).

If everything is HDMI then perhaps a cheap Sony x800m2 or x800 would do?

Back