Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or the step-up 820. Are there any video differences between the 420 and 820?

No experience, but from what I read (if memory serves), they have the same components,, just the 420 is plastic and flimsy, the 820 is much better build quality.

But again, I'd recommend something inexpensive to start, to see if it's worth the upgrade. Though I guess if he plans to return the player if he's not satisfied, the price is moot and he may want to go with the better player in case he decides to keep it.

Here's a link to the German site hifi-forum.de with some info on the Pannde players, also you can go to the Chinese site but I don't have the link handy.
For those of us that don't speak German just use the Chrome browser. Right click on the page and choose Translate. You may have to configure the language settings in Chrome for your desired language.

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-166-11108.html
Apparently these were going to be sold in the EU but Pannde has delayed it while the players undergo "further development" which appears to be because of the firmware implementation which breaks the EU rules. They are not members of the Blu-Ray association apparently but decided to back up and turn out units that conform so they can be sold in the EU legally.
Caveat: these players are expensive! Prices I saw close to 2000 Euros, not the most expensive ever but still up there.

Am I the only one who thinks that this move to 4K video is getting a bit ridiculous. 1080p looks fine to me. It was not that long ago that people were fine with the crappy video of VHS. I suppose that people think the same about us audio freaks with our ever higher resolution audio systems.

If you do get a 205 and want to sell the 105 let me know!
In my experience, if you sit close enough to the screen 4K can make a difference. I find the real improvement over blu ray (I'm fine with blu ray for a lot of movies) is HDR and Wide Colour Gamut.

Question if you will, does the Sony X800M2 play DVDA-R?

I have self-authored DVDA, old Quad, flac downloads etc on disc and don't want to lose the ability to play them.
Thinking about getting this as an affordable hedge against my aging Oppo's going kaput.

Question if you will, does the Sony X800M2 play DVDA-R?

I have self-authored DVDA, old Quad, flac downloads etc on disc and don't want to lose the ability to play them.
Thinking about getting this as an affordable hedge against my aging Oppo's going kaput.
Anyone know? I would like SACD-R playback as well but that isn't going to happen off-the-shelf.
But if the units will play my "home made" DVDA discs that would be half way there

Another new model UBR-X110 includes SACD

https://reavon.com/blu-ray-player-ubr-x110/
Hmm, no analogs, and the UBR-X200 model plays SACD does it not, and what's the price on this one?

REAVON_UBR-X200_licences.jpg

REAVON-UBR-X110-Back.jpg

Anyone know? I would like SACD-R playback as well but that isn't going to happen off-the-shelf.
But if the units will play my "home made" DVDA discs that would be half way there

No they don't unfortunately but at the price they are , $400 max they're worth it.
Plus I have a backup with my Pioneer DV 588A Combo which plays all but blu-ray.

And at that price I really should buy a 2ND.

No they don't unfortunately but at the price they are , $400 max they're worth it.
Plus I have a backup with my Pioneer DV 588A Combo which plays all but blu-ray.

And at that price I really should buy a 2ND.
I'll drive down to Miami tonight and pick one up. Funny the specs say 220-240v input yet sold in US? Guess we're not the target audience as surely anything sold here would run on 110-120v.
...and no, I'm not driving to Miami tonight. Would if I could, though.
Wait did you say $400? Is that for real or what you would pay fizzy?

Wouldn’t this model, along with the previous 100, be considered a transport and not a player since there are no analog outputs?
As an audio device: yes. As a video device: no, that distinction is not generally made. Most current video disc players don't offer any kind of analog video out, but they aren't called "transports."

I'll drive down to Miami tonight and pick one up. Funny the specs say 220-240v input yet sold in US? Guess we're not the target audience as surely anything sold here would run on 110-120v.

That's right, but that would be CDN dollars which is always more for us Canadians.

And Actually that Sony BDP X800M2 might be cheaper for U.S. markets. I bought mine at Best Buy ,so I suggest you check them out . I believe I've seen that same player go for $200 US ,and brand spankin' New.

Happy shopping. 😊

Better you don't drive down tonight... kinda cold, by SoFlo standards!

Back