Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they said on TV! Gonna hit the 40's here.
It was 40 up here in the middle of the afternoon Saturday, several nights at or below freezing. But overall not a bad winter so far for N FL. I just hate the overcast skies, gives me the blues.
Florida boys gotta have sunshine!

Best Buy has the Sony UBPX800M2 for $199.99. Heck of a deal!
I recently started using mine now that I have a 4K tv and am very happy with it so far. It plays almost everything I throw at it (except for some burned DVD-As I have on DVD+R format) but I can copy those onto a thumb drive as 5.1 FLACs and play those too. I would be hard pressed to detect any differences in playback quality (either audio or video) as compared to my Oppo. A bargain at that price.

I use a Sony UBPX800M2 in my system and it’s been great. Because I have so many SACDs and no other player at this price point will ever have SACD anymore, I bought a backup just in case new in the box.
Might be time for fans of physical media like SACD to have a backup player going forward.

At the time I was doing my upgrade, about 15 months ago, the OPPO 205 was selling from dealers on eBay for $6500.00, no way.
I felt at the time I made a very smart purchase for my audio/video needs.

1. Sony UBP-X800M2plays all but not 4K. I purchased this solely for the ability to play SACD and DVD-A, although my entire collection is ripped, I thought it would be a good idea just in case, and many DVD-A's have some video content, pictures lyrics, etc. I believe it was around $200.00.
2. Panasonic DP-UB900P-K at the time this was/is the highest rated Blu Ray player, 4K and Atmos able. I use this for the occasional movie that I watch, but my music Blu Ray collection is all ripped also.

The total for these two units was $1300.00 a lot cheaper than an eBay OPPO. They are both black face and stack perfectly on top of each other, everyone who comes over thinks it is a single unit.

SACD and DVD-A combo players are hard to find, minus the Sony.

Ripping all your hard discs is a far superior way for your listening pleasure.
All this said had the Post # 1 new player from Reavon been available 14 months ago I might have entertained purchasing it.
IMG_0779.jpg
IMG_1014.jpg

At the time I was doing my upgrade, about 15 months ago, the OPPO 205 was selling from dealers on eBay for $6500.00, no way.

1. Sony UBP-X800M2plays all but not 4K. I purchased this solely for the ability to play SACD and DVD-A, although my entire collection is ripped, I thought it would be a good idea just in case, and many DVD-A's have some video content, pictures lyrics, etc. I believe it was around $200.00.
2. Panasonic DP-UB900P-K at the time this was/is the highest rated Blu Ray player, 4K and Atmos able. I use this for the occasional movie that I watch, but my music Blu Ray collection is all ripped also.

The total for these two units was $1300.00 a lot cheaper than an eBay OPPO. They are both black face and stack perfectly on top of each other, everyone who comes over thinks it is a single unit.

All this said had the Post # 1 new player from Reavon been available 14 months ago I might have entertained purchasing it.
View attachment 75526View attachment 75527
.. A THREE CHANNEL MCINTOSH????

View attachment 75526View attachment 75527
You state that the Sony UBP-X800M2 do not play 4K, but it does. I use one to play UHD and BD in my music/movie room, and as a backup for my 105D as MC disc player.

Back