Reavon UHD Blu-ray Player Review

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The reviewer states: "As for the player's analog multi- channel outputs, I generally feel that this feature on a player isn't necessary given the quality of audio components on the market today that use HDMI connections. Also, most mid- to high-end A/V receivers and processors use good-quality DACs, and they also provide far greater flexibility for fine-tuning trim levels, crossover points, time alignment, and other audio-specific settings."

Remarkably, since I inserted a Marantz SR7013 into the audio signal chain, I use its DACs along with Audyssey room correction exclusively (using the Audyssey app - very important.) I still like having the 7.1 analog outputs on the Oppo 205, but I rarely use them anymore.

He also says, "Granted, it's been years since we've seen any new DVD-Audio disc releases, so I'm not sure how important that omission is in the grand scheme for most users..." Apparently, he needs to be educated regarding the recent endeavor of our colleague, @Mr. Afternoon .

Nice review!

Mr. Afternoon

The Only Surround Gorilla
He also says, "Granted, it's been years since we've seen any new DVD-Audio disc releases, so I'm not sure how important that omission is in the grand scheme for most users..." Apparently, he needs to be educated regarding the recent endeavor of our colleague, @Mr. Afternoon .
I mean, he's kinda right, even I'm straying away from it, but it's not hard to implement functionality for it. :rolleyes:

gene_stl

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
the current going rate on Oppo 105D is around $1000 plus or minus. I would rather have one of those than the $1700 Reavon.
But I am glad someone has come out with a player with analog outs.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What a joke for the Reavon UBR-X100 having no DVD-A or SACD at that price. I am sure most of us have always purchased Oppo's as they are the highest quality and best price...Reavon...what a joke
Yes, I was shocked to see that the X100 has no DVD-A and no SACD. That seems like a big mistake. Because without stereo XLR outputs and no 7.1 analog outputs, what does it have going for it to warrant paying $800 vs $300 for something like a Sony X800M2?

The Reavon X200...well that's another matter since it has the stereo XLR outputs and the 7.1 analogs.