Record Store Day June/July 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOoooh Black Sabbath Picture Discs - Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules are a maybe :giggle: Think H&H for sure - a Snood fave :rocks

Call me perverse, but I can't get excited about new vinyl. Still, I love my indie record shops, and I'm glad vinyl gets the young 'uns through the door. Plus, for contrarians like me, there's John Prine live in 75 and Charlie Parker live in LA--on CD.

I had wondered why the Ultravox set didn't come with instrumental mixes, as is typical for the SW remix projects. I guess they needed an extra selling point for the RSD pressing.

1623256217783.png

And that means National Record Store Day is almost here. They are actually doing it 2x this year. "First drop" as they call it is this Saturday June 12th. Then about a month later in July. With COVID loosening its grip a bit I will certianly be checking this out. In my area there are 3 out of maybe 10 B&M stores that I will definitely visit. Sure I can go these stores any day but NRSD this is a good reminder to support local record stores while you still can.

Back