Recording from the Involve V2 via a Behringer UMC404HD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, it's on my list to try out, it's on my desktop and I've had a butchers at it.

Just needed to fathom out using the Behringer first!!

i've no idea how to do it on a PC with a Behringer but its so easy getting this old Quad stuff on the Mac with a MOTU even i can do it! πŸ˜†
the hardest part's staying steady-handedly sober enough to handle the records without scrrrraaaaaaaatching 'em! πŸ˜‚ 🍻

whodunnit! Colonel beerking did it in the living room with a PC! dun dun dun! 🧐

god i'm pissed πŸŽ‰

i've no idea how to do it on a PC with a Behringer but its so easy getting this old Quad stuff on the Mac with a MOTU even i can do it! πŸ˜†
the hardest part's staying steady-handedly sober enough to handle the records without scrrrraaaaaaaatching 'em! πŸ˜‚ 🍻

whodunnit! Colonel beerking did it in the living room with a PC! dun dun dun! 🧐

god i'm pissed πŸŽ‰
Yes it is Adam, Young Mr Smithers sent me a vid showing how it's done using a Mac.
Certainly not the balls ache it is using a PC.

Talk about a frazzled lump of plywood!! :)

Meery Friday to you..hic
1585939791174.png

I have finally gotten the Behringer 404HD and Reaper to record my quad tapes and output in discreet 4 channel. (There was a tricky output 3-4 mixing that took some trial and error-error-error-error-error to fix.)

Is this thread still active?

It's common to have a digital mixer and routing ability built into audio interfaces.

If you had an AV receiver with a speaker A/B switch, you might have to read the manual to notice that switch and understand how to use it. Same deal with a modern audio interface. You might have to read the manual (RTFM!) to notice some features and learn where all the switches are.

My MOTU interfaces, for example, let me route the incoming audio to any outputs. I could have the output set to channel 3 in the DAW app but have the MOTU set to output channel 3 to channel 7, for a random example. (Or have your OS audio set for certain channels and using media player apps but have it routed to different channels with the MOTU audio control utility.)

It's common to have a digital mixer and routing ability built into audio interfaces.

If you had an AV receiver with a speaker A/B switch, you might have to read the manual to notice that switch and understand how to use it. Same deal with a modern audio interface. You might have to read the manual (RTFM!) to notice some features and learn where all the switches are.

My MOTU interfaces, for example, let me route the incoming audio to any outputs. I could have the output set to channel 3 in the DAW app but have the MOTU set to output channel 3 to channel 7, for a random example. (Or have your OS audio set for certain channels and using media player apps but have it routed to different channels with the MOTU audio control utility.)
The "Pro Audio Control" software takes some time to get used to even though it is VERY simple ... I guess all the cananabis somehow...what was I saying????

I REALLY like the older CueFx one...

I wish there was a Behringer manual. The thing that came with it and the online "official" info is not as detailed as my electric pencil sharpeners instruction booklet.
Fortunately there are some user created informative sites and forum posters who helped me out.
I have found watching the wave files has helped me appreciate some of the work done on the recordings. For instance I just see that Zappa fed his multiple guitar pick-ups to each of the channels on some recordings. A bit like vocal multi-tracking. And the Iketts used multiple channels so their harmony is created between the speakers.
And now I can fix that stupid track cut in the middle of the q8 DSOTM.

Back