Recording from the Involve V2 via a Behringer UMC404HD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This home stretch is taking longer than I imagined….still need my hand held to guide me through the last phase
It's this import/export malarkey that's doin my swede in.

Trying all sorts..still can't get that one multichannel file.....grr

In the home stretch now Mike... old folks boogie, boogie they will; when their mind makes a promise that their ‘puter can’t fill :dance or was it da udder way ‘round:unsure:
Sorry :ROFLMAO:couldn’t resist.

all an experiment at the mo
I've imported the files into Audacity

Now trying to export them as advised by Hafler
Clearly buggering something up
I'll get there
Bloody frustrating though...:rolleyes: :)

wait, wait... I’ll come along for the ride!
“Wheel chairs rollin’ locked arm and arm” ...and then that last bit!
Hey, I really don’t like AA3, it’s not very intuitively easy to work, late last night I was in there lost for- eh 40 minutes trying to figure out how to just align 4 tracks together and finally gave up. But it’s got some tools 🧰 that Audacity doesn’t have.

wait, wait... I’ll come along for the ride!
“Wheel chairs rollin’ locked arm and arm” ...and then that last bit!
Hey, I really don’t like AA3, it’s not very intuitively easy to work, late last night I was in there lost for- eh 40 minutes trying to figure out how to just align 4 tracks together and finally gave up. But it’s got some tools 🧰 that Audacity doesn’t have.
Hang on, I'm one step further on, got the channel mappin screen up in Audacity

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Hang on, I'm one step further on, got the channel mappin screen up in Audacity
If you want to move some channels around in Audacity, just left click and hold in a blank spot on the left side of that little controller box on the left and drag it (gotta know which channel is which though)
Maybe it’s time for another thread like:
UPMIX and Recording in a DAW Workshop?

F me just got a multi mix...

I don't believe it...

Attachments

• first multi mix.png
    first multi mix.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 132
That’s why the few folks here that do the really heavy lifting like Q8 or CD-4 transfers to digital are my Superheroes 🏋️‍♂️
You are so right there pups, it's only when you have a play around yourself, that you realise what's entailed...It sure ain't easy.
Well that's one and a half ELO songs recorded from the Little Blue Eyes.

I will try an whole album later...

Now how did I just do all that..... :unsure: :D

You are so right there pups, it's only when you have a play around yourself, that you realise what's entailed...It sure ain't easy.
Well that's one and a half ELO songs recorded from the Little Blue Eyes.

I will try an whole album later...

Now how did I just do all that..... :unsure: :D
Shoot, digital to digital is fairly child’s play; throw another layer of ass whuppin’ in there with all the analog crap and you’ve gotta be tuned up for the Cuckoo’s nest, just ask @fredblue !!!

Shoot, digital to digital is fairly child’s play
Well this child didn't find it easy peasy!!! :D

There was me thinking it was just hit record and all would be well
Not, select in AA3, record, save, find, scratch head, import into Audacity, scratch again, configure, cross fingers, export, where is the file now?, sigh, find it and...bingo, play it foobar, surroundy version.

Last edited:
Each saved, track is showing as 4 separate wav inputs.
Is there a way of getting each track to merge to play in one 4ch output?
I'm checking on line but nothing obvious has come up.

Simply open all four in Audacity and export as file type of your choice (.wav, .flac, etc). Looks like you didn’t need me to figure that out :)

Not to throw a monkey wrench in but you guys owe it to yourselves to check out Reaper DAW. Everything from routing audio with any number of channels between tracks as you please to rendering output files in any format. It's all right there. You can do macros and scripts if you want to do a deep dive - and people share this stuff. Host any 3rd party plugins. etc etc etc... And then the workarounds aimed at making it work in Windows at the same high level.

I'm not associated with them in any way. It's just one of the most happiness and light apps I've ever used and that makes me want to share. The licensing model they have with the honor system unrestricted hobbyist license (not to mention the lazy perpetual 'still evaluating' nag screen if you're really hard up - like having your career ended with this pandemic, for example).

Shoot, digital to digital is fairly child’s play; throw another layer of ass whuppin’ in there with all the analog crap and you’ve gotta be tuned up for the Cuckoo’s nest, just ask @fredblue !!!

i've been mucking around with this stuff for years and years and i still don't know how it works! 😂

Not to throw a monkey wrench in but you guys owe it to yourselves to check out Reaper DAW. Everything from routing audio with any number of channels between tracks as you please to rendering output files in any format. It's all right there. You can do macros and scripts if you want to do a deep dive - and people share this stuff. Host any 3rd party plugins. etc etc etc... And then the workarounds aimed at making it work in Windows at the same high level.

I'm not associated with them in any way. It's just one of the most happiness and light apps I've ever used and that makes me want to share. The licensing model they have with the honor system unrestricted hobbyist license (not to mention the lazy perpetual 'still evaluating' nag screen if you're really hard up - like having your career ended with this pandemic, for example).
Don't worry, it's on my list to try out, it's on my desktop and I've had a butchers at it.

Just needed to fathom out using the Behringer first!!

Thanks Jim, I also need to wade into Reaper (only using it with Penteo currently); hopefully you can contribute your knowledge to the new Workshop thread to help us newbies get a grasp and not have to struggle so much. This can be a great learning environment if just utilized properly.

Back