Remaining Elton John 5.1 SACD Mixes, Will They Be Released?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you're right about eventual BDA releases for EJ's 5.1 catalogue. We've been waiting too long for the last 4 (as you of course well know)

yep! (y)

I've been waiting so long for those Elton's to come out, my SACD collections grown from 7 to 330 of the bloody things in the last 9 years of waiting..!!!!!

:mad:@: :eek: :mad: ;) :p :D

A couple of years ago I emailed Chad Kassem about the four missing EJ Multi-Channel SACDs suggesting he pursue releasing them as he had with Pink Floyd's WYWH. He asked for Greg Penny's contact info and I forwarded the weblink for flowermusic. Never heard anything else. Maybe someone else has Mr. Kassem's ear and could re-remind him that we would love to see these become a real product.

A couple of years ago I emailed Chad Kassem about the four missing EJ Multi-Channel SACDs suggesting he pursue releasing them as he had with Pink Floyd's WYWH. He asked for Greg Penny's contact info and I forwarded the weblink for flowermusic. Never heard anything else. Maybe someone else has Mr. Kassem's ear and could re-remind him that we would love to see these become a real product.

As someone who cares a great deal about all things EJ, especially 5.1 EJ, sincere thanks for your efforts (y)

Does anyone here have Chad Kassem's ear these days? :p

I've had the DVD-A forever.
I never thought the mastering on GYBR was as good as the other EJ hi-rez.
Maybe it's baked into the recording

While ALL the Elton John Universal/Rocket mch SACDs sound sensational, the DVD~A of GBYBR sounds exceptional on my system. IMO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the recording/mastering/remix of GBYBR. I wish ALL artists's remix/remasters sounded this great.

We've certainly beat this dead horse to death but what's holding up the release of EJ's remaining remixed titles........they really should be HEARD!

I don't really see myself owning anything from those four, but I am glad I own GYBR. Elton tends to be more of a singles/hits kind of artist for me, rather than deep album cuts and entire album listens. For me, GYBR and Made In England are the two exceptions.

I'm surprised that none of the reissue companies have ever released EJ's fabulous live recording 17~11~70 on hi res physical disc:

61wkqAKOzvL._SL1400_.jpg

I'm surprised that none of the reissue companies have ever released EJ's fabulous live recording 17~11~70 on hi res physical disc:

61wkqAKOzvL._SL1400_.jpg
Bob Ludwig remastered the stereo tapes in "high-resolution digital" for the expanded edition of the album done for Record Store Day 2016. The 2-LP set included a download code for wav files, but I think they were 16/44.1.

We now know that Audio Fidelity passed on releasing the 4 unreleased Elton John 5.1 mixes because they were told by Universal that they had to reissue all 10 classic Elton John albums (the 4 unreleased ones and the 6 previously released ones).

But why wouldn't a company like Analogue Productions take Universal up on that offer? At their usual price of $30 per SACD, they could easily produce a $300 box set with all 10 Elton John SACDs and release them all individually like they did for the Doors set.

We now know that Audio Fidelity passed on releasing the 4 unreleased Elton John 5.1 mixes because they were told by Universal that they had to reissue all 10 classic Elton John albums (the 4 unreleased ones and the 6 previously released ones).

But why wouldn't a company like Analogue Productions take Universal up on that offer? At their usual price of $30 per SACD, they could easily produce a $300 box set with all 10 Elton John SACDs and release them all individually like they did for the Doors set.

Yeah, and additionally charge $150 for the faux fur~lined box! [It's Sir Elton, after all.....cardboard would be gauche]

IMO, that WAS a ridiculous proposition on Universal's part as some of the EJ mch SACDs are still available at affordable prices!* UNIVERSALLY GREEDY!

*https://www.importcds.com/madman-across-the-water-hybrid/602498240298

Last edited:
Back