Renaissance - “Turn of the Cards” reissue with 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Info here:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product...-3cd-1dvd-remastered-expanded-boxset-edition/

• A NEW EXPANDED 4 DISC (3CD / 1 DVD) CLAMSHELL BOX SET OF THE LEGENDARY 1974 ALBUM BY RENAISSANCE, “TURN OF THE CARDS”
• FEATURING TWENTY BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM A NEWLY MIXED CONCERT PERFORMANCE AT THE ACADEMY OF MUSIC IN NEW YORK IN MAY 1974, A NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE ALBUM & PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL

1576263504239.jpeg

Very excited about this release! The first Renaissance 5.1 surround remix. :dance
I'm curious as to why this title gets the 5.1 remix, but the other recent Renaissance re-issues (Ashes Are Burning, Live at Carnegie Hall, Novella & Song For All Seasons) were just stereo remasters?
Really hoping that Scheherazade will get a 5.1 remix. :love:

Another incredible remaster at an equally incredible price. One of my favs. Also have the amazing AF Stereo SACD of Scheherazade which would likewise benefit from a 5.1 remix [on BD~A]!

I have a feeling 2020 is going to be a VERY GOOD YEAR for surround enthusiasts!

Last edited:
As I recall, the Sire LP release was reputed to be an unmarked QS quad album. I have it and it decodes well with my Sansui QSD-2, but a lot of stereo LPs do decode nicely. Either way, I am looking forward to this title. I have the AF Stereo SACD of Scheherazade, and the sound quality is amazing. Bad news that the British Pound is going up in value though, since the election. Up to now it has been beneficial to buy disks from Burning Shed.
It could still go down again once the euphoria is over.............

Interesting! I remember hoping there would be a quad layer on the AF ”Scheherazade” but sadly didn’t (was there even a quad release on that album?), this is however great news!

There is no solid proof that a quad version was released, apart from certain people stating their copy decodes ok, there's no real proof.

This is good news to me I have several of their albums and the AF SACD of Scheherazade.
However I would like to know who has done the 5.1 mix before I jump in and order.

Info here:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product...-3cd-1dvd-remastered-expanded-boxset-edition/

• A NEW EXPANDED 4 DISC (3CD / 1 DVD) CLAMSHELL BOX SET OF THE LEGENDARY 1974 ALBUM BY RENAISSANCE, “TURN OF THE CARDS”
• FEATURING TWENTY BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM A NEWLY MIXED CONCERT PERFORMANCE AT THE ACADEMY OF MUSIC IN NEW YORK IN MAY 1974, A NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE ALBUM & PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL

View attachment 44595

Nice to have some good news out of the UK. Not my favorite Renaissance album, but let's hope it's the first of many! Good things coming in 2020!

Info here:

View attachment 44595

...a 25 minute version of ‘Ashes Are Burning’ featuring guest ANDY POWELL (of WISHBONE ASH) on lead guitar...

:geek: :rocks

If Scheherazade is next in line for the deluxe box set treatment, let's hope they include the "BBC Stereo Pop Special" from the same year. Despite the program title, this was one of the episodes mixed for quad (SQ) broadcast. (Some QQ'ers undoubtedly know it already from a RomanoTrax conversion.)

Interestingly, Repertoire included that concert on its CD/DVD set Live at the BBC Sight and Sound a couple of years ago--but not the quad mix.

R-11610078-1519382390-4947.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Back