Renaissance - “Turn of the Cards” reissue with 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure is Ralph...always been my way....Sometimes, being a Saggy, I can be too honest in my views and say it like it is, but, hopefully, I've learnt over the years to have some tact!!
Not sure about diplomacy though.... :)

Based on your review, just wish these stellar acts like Renaissance would hire proficient remixers who understand the format and how 'revitalizing' an older album like Turn Of The Cards could 'stack the deck' by reaching an entirely new audience.

Is there a hi res Stereo remix, at least Mike?

Based on your review, just wish these stellar acts like Renaissance would hire proficient remixers who understand the format and how 'revitalizing' an older album like Turn Of The Cards could 'stack the deck' by reaching an entirely new audience.

Is there a hi res Stereo remix, at least Mike?
There is and it's great...it's what I used to up-mix from.

From the CD tracklisting, which includes three new stereo mixes, I would guess that only those three tracks—"Things I Don't Understand" "Black Flame," and "Mother Russia"—had multitracks that could be found. There's a good chance these three 5.1 mixes are genuine, while the other three are upmixes.

EDIT: I missed @rtbluray's post above speculating the same. Oops.

wow.. that was unexpected.. Esoteric normally mislabels these things as DVD-A when they're DVD-V 🙂🙃
are there any credits in the package as to who authored the DVD?
It says Adam:
DVD authoring by Ray Shulman at iSonic, London

Is that the same Gentle Giant's Mr Shulman?...I guess so

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yep
Can only quote what it says on the disc and Box Set package.... :unsure: :)
https://www.discogs.com/Renaissance-Turn-Of-The-Cards/release/14963195
Although agree looks like it's mislabelled :rolleyes:

Just rechecked the actual DVD disc content properties :
Audio TS=Nil Points
Video TS = All the Points

So Video TS wins it!! :)

the riddle is solved! 🧐
if 'twas a DVD-A 'twould 99 times out of 100 these days involve Neil Wilkes/Opus and if he/they 'twas involved word might've got around these parts betwixt times 👐

God i need a drink 🤷‍♀️

the riddle is solved! 🧐
if 'twas a DVD-A 'twould 99 times out of 100 these days involve Neil Wilkes/Opus and if he/they 'twas involved word might've got around these parts betwixt times 👐

God i need a drink 🤷‍♀️
I would join you..but I've just polished off most of a very nice bottle of red wine. I exaggerate, just over half!! As the good lady in this house drunk the remainder before I could top my glass up....
Two oldies talking complete gibberish now...
Swiftly followed by coffee and ginger nuts. :)

Last edited:
I would join you..but I've just polished off most of a very nice bottle of red wine. I exaggerate, just over half!! As the good lady in this house drunk the remainder before I could top my glass up....
Two oldies talking complete gibberish now...
Swiftly followed by coffee and ginger nuts. :)

oi oi! 👐 getchya ginger nuts out for the gals! 😋

just popped the Port open, so i'll be well on my way to pissville, drunkazona before long.

to your good health my good man 🥂

Back