Renaissance: Azure D'Or (5.1 Mix out in November)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The multichannel program being an upmix from stereo and the release format being DVD have nothing to do with each other…
I didn't infer it did....it was more of an observation! Just happy ESOTERIC is now releasing in BD~A versus LOSSY DVD ..... if indeed that's the case with this new Renaissance release!

Last edited:

SHB

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
ImportCDs also has it available for pre-order; much more affordable for US customers. (Cherry Red's shipping to the US is exorbitant, especially if you follow their strong recommendation to add tracking.)
Thanks for posting the importcds pre-order link. Ordered!

Marplot

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I also ordered, thanks for the information. Looking at the work Stephen has done and how much I own, it turns out I am a fanboy. Looking forward to what comes next.
On a related note, is this just the 3rd studio release of theirs to get a multi-channel mix (Turn Of The Cards and Scheherazade) or have I missed some? Thanks

knifeman

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I saw Renaissance in Spring of '79, so I'm sure they played songs from this album, but I don't remember any of them. After Songs for All Seasons, I lost interest as each album seemed to move further away from their early to mid-seventies sound. Jeckyl and Hyde sounds familiar, but the rest of the album I'll have to revisit. Still might go for it, especially if it's blu-ray. Annie Haslem's voice can make almost any record worth listening to.

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I saw Renaissance in Spring of '79, so I'm sure they played songs from this album, but I don't remember any of them. After Songs for All Seasons, I lost interest as each album seemed to move further away from their early to mid-seventies sound. Jeckyl and Hyde sounds familiar, but the rest of the album I'll have to revisit. Still might go for it, especially if it's blu-ray. Annie Haslem's voice can make almost any record worth listening to.
Saw Renaissance in '78 or '79 or thereabouts as well (in Austin TX). They were at their peak then, for sure. Then, in 1980, when I was a foreign student in Edinburgh, they played at the Playhouse, and an agent went around handing out free tickets at the student union because of low sales -- and everyone sneared.

Police were playing on the jukebox. The 80s had arrived. Wish I had taken a ticket then, though, but I was already exploring the local non-music scene, and all prog rock was suddenly a no-go. I still like it, though! My order is in 8').

Reactions: SHB