Renaissance: Azure D'Or (5.1 Mix out in November)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Meanwhile it arrived. First listening: music and sound are good and the mix is well done Stephen!

This time Esoteric did it right compared to "Turn Of The Cards": It's a Blu-Ray instead of an Audio-DVD (they claimed DVD-Audio, but AUDIO_TS is empty - it's DTS which is not lossless).

Package and price are okay too. Should be standard, shouldn't it?
Are you saying the Blu Ray contains lossy DTS encoding or is it DTS~HD MA 5.1 LOSSLESS?

A bit confusing!

~dave~~wave~

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
ImportCDs also has it available for pre-order; much more affordable for US customers. (Cherry Red's shipping to the US is exorbitant, especially if you follow their strong recommendation to add tracking.)
Got shipping confirmation, scheduled to deliver Monday.
Now showing out of stock and seven dollars higher price than I paid in September.

Amazon USA listing for a Euro import with free shipping & two-week delivery:

$32.15
FREE delivery Monday, January 23

Last edited:

SHB

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I was able to check out the first 4 tunes. So far excellent 👍 mix. Well done! I never heard this album before. I find it very enjoyable so far.

sjcorne

Staff member
Can anyone give a rundown of which Renaissance releases are upmixes and which are mixed from the multis?
Turn Of The Cards - "Things I Don't Understand", "Black Flame", and "Mother Russia" were remixed from the multis, the remaining songs were upmixed.

Scheherazade & Other Stories - all songs upmixed.

Azure D'Or - all songs remixed from multis.

martin russell

Can anyone offer any info on who authored this Blu ray? I've had a couple from Cherry Red that won't play on my Oppo and don't want to get caught out...

sjcorne

Staff member