Renaissance: Azure D'Or (5.1 Mix out in November)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile it arrived. First listening: music and sound are good and the mix is well done Stephen!

This time Esoteric did it right compared to "Turn Of The Cards": It's a Blu-Ray instead of an Audio-DVD (they claimed DVD-Audio, but AUDIO_TS is empty - it's DTS which is not lossless).

Package and price are okay too. Should be standard, shouldn't it?
Are you saying the Blu Ray contains lossy DTS encoding or is it DTS~HD MA 5.1 LOSSLESS?

A bit confusing!

ImportCDs also has it available for pre-order; much more affordable for US customers. (Cherry Red's shipping to the US is exorbitant, especially if you follow their strong recommendation to add tracking.)
https://www.importcds.com/azure-dor-expanded/5013929482098
Got shipping confirmation, scheduled to deliver Monday.
Now showing out of stock and seven dollars higher price than I paid in September.

Amazon USA listing for a Euro import with free shipping & two-week delivery:
https://a.co/d/gsYZzrl
$32.15
FREE delivery Monday, January 23

Last edited:
I was able to check out the first 4 tunes. So far excellent šŸ‘ mix. Well done! I never heard this album before. I find it very enjoyable so far.

Can anyone give a rundown of which Renaissance releases are upmixes and which are mixed from the multis?
Turn Of The Cards - "Things I Don't Understand", "Black Flame", and "Mother Russia" were remixed from the multis, the remaining songs were upmixed.

Scheherazade & Other Stories - all songs upmixed.

Azure D'Or - all songs remixed from multis.

Seeing as though there isn't an official poll post for this release, I just wanted to say kudos to Stephen W Tayler for the mix on this release. Azure is my least favorite with the classic line up. However, his mix breathed new life into this release and made it very enjoyable. Well done!

Back