Renaissance: Scheherazade & Other Stories (5.1 surround upmix out in November)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this has already been addressed, but Cherry Red's website indicates "5.1 surround upmix" only for tracks 1-3. Was "Song Of Scheherazade" actually mixed from a multitrack source?
WOW! Hey now, I need to read more carefully! Tracks 1-3 is basically Side 1. This implies that Side 2's sidelong 25 min. title track is in true 5.1?!? Gott to check on my pre-orders whereabouts now.

The included booklet states: ‘5.1 Surround Sound up-mix from the original stereo master tapes by Ben Wiseman at Broadlake Studios, Herfordshire’
I’m assuming that the entire 5.1 mix is an up-mix, but I certainly could be wrong.

So absent any other clarification: the statement you quoted implicitly applies to all four tracks? (I.e., there's nothing anywhere else in the booklet or the back cover that would suggest Track 4 is not upmixed?)

Here is a photo from the booklet, and the back of the box, about the DVD

Attachments

• FAC2E4E3-CF81-4B67-8A3E-31DC6DE76A12.jpeg
    FAC2E4E3-CF81-4B67-8A3E-31DC6DE76A12.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 152
  • EBCE4031-7B32-49F6-9147-2EB8B3524CB3.jpeg
    EBCE4031-7B32-49F6-9147-2EB8B3524CB3.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Has anyone received their copy from Importcds? I haven't received a shipping notification from them

Been meaning to post a comment or two on this; got it a couple weeks ago (my credit card might be telling me another copy is coming from elsewhere!).

Putting on the DVD with the 5.1 upmix as dinner music, we did "side 1" one evening and "side 2" with the album side title track on another. Comments moved to review.

Last edited:
I am really digging this release! First time ever hearing this album. I have Ashes Are Burning and Turn of the Cards. But I never got into those albums. I love promo videos. Prologue is great. Annie is so darn tootin cute.

Back