• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Rhino Handmade Advertising For Chicago Quadraphonic DVD

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Rhino Handmade bought a color fullpage ad in the latest Goldmine collector's magazine and Goldmine email for subscribers included the Q word! :cool:

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
"Quadraphonic sound makes a comeback!" ...displacing the 'old' 5.1 system they were using at the beginning of the century?

ClarkNovak

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Hey, you gotta walk before you can run ;)

IMO, Rhino has finally figured out who they're marketing to with these products. I hope they hit it hard and often. Music collectors are waiting for the next great "we get it" reissue label to arise, and maybe it's Rhino rising from its own ashes? No slight intended to Varese Sarabande or 4 Men With Beards or Sundazed, but those guys are generally catering to a niche within a niche, where Rhino, being a mini-major label distributed by a maxi-major, has a little better chance at pulling off something like a Quad reissue series.

God bless 'em!

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Thanks for posting those pictures! T'was fun to look at! And here's to hoping that we get more quad releases from the vault.

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I was pretty psyc'd when I came across these and I knew others probably would feel the same. We won't remind them of Q8s so long as they keep the quad product coming!

Old Quad Guy

Preservationist
Staff member
Well, however they advertise it, let's hope people snap these up and we get more releases. It is odd though. It sounds like they're only aware of the SQ record release. Here's an e-mail ad received a few days ago from Rhino:
rhinochicago..JPG

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Maybe they're trying to avoid the whole mention of 8-tracks in general so as not to frighten the general public. But then again, 8-tracks are almost cool again.....

I hope they stick with the whole Quadraphonic thang! 5.1 isn't all that necessary anyway.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I hope they stick with the whole Quadraphonic thang! 5.1 isn't all that necessary anyway.
Agreed. I'll be happy to purchase additional 4.0 quad material from the vaults. Heck, my B&W LCR3 center speaker doesn't sound as good as my main left/right B&W speakers, anyway. As such, I've gotten to the point where I'd practically welcome the lack of center channel in surround music mixes.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Maybe they're trying to avoid the whole mention of 8-tracks in general so as not to frighten the general public. But then again, 8-tracks are almost cool again.....
i don't friggin' knows if they knew of the quad 8 track or not... and if they start to release more as this Chigaco disc it's ok for me! :)

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Love these logos. There HAS to be more titles coming, no? :phones
Quadio_245x140..jpg
Quadio_245x140..jpg
quadtastic..gif
ChicagoQUAD_754x38&.jpg
Quadio_245x140..jpg
quadtastic..gif
ChicagoQUAD_754x38&.jpg
Quadio_460x325..jpg
quad-banner..gif

Last edited:

ss9001

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
"Why is QUAD so cool?"
No need to click on that button, just ask us! :smokin

Amazing that almost 40 yrs after its introduction, some labels have "re-introducing" quad. If Rhino digs into the vault, I'll be there to support them.

wanners

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I emailed customer service and asked them to do more quad re-issues because I know a large bunch of whackos who will buy them without even thinking about it (don't worry, I didn't use the word whacko in my email to them)

Does that describe this group?

They said they'd forward my request to management. I guess we'll find out eventually.

Frantic

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I emailed customer service and asked them to do more quad re-issues because I know a large bunch of whackos who will buy them without even thinking about it (don't worry, I didn't use the word whacko in my email to them)

Does that describe this group?
Well it certainly describes me!!
I will be more than happy to part with some of my money for this opportunity.:smokin

holland123

wackos heh heh he said wackos, my wife would certainly agree with that conclusion, I however am holding back until release , i want to see if the other wackos out there tell me that the sonics are good on this release if they are, then i'm in. i still think that $30 bucks is a little steep, unless it can blow my wacko head off, then count me in. so as soon as you guys who pre ordered give a listen and please post ( like that's not going to happen)

Bob Squires Jr

All they had to do was say Chicago and Quad in the same paragraph and I
was all over it like white on rice!
A great album to start with and it's cool to add it to my Chicago II & V DVD-As
(even though it isn't a DVD-A).
Maybe this will do well and they'll release the whole damn quad catalog!
Then... onto T-Rex, Eagles, ELP etc!

-B

phrostbyte

Never been much of a Chicago fan but I might get it just to support surround music... I'll wait for reviews first though.