Rhino Handmade Advertising For Chicago Quadraphonic DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Rhino Handmade bought a color fullpage ad in the latest Goldmine collector's magazine and Goldmine email for subscribers included the Q word! :cool:

RhinoAd.jpg

RhinoGoldmine0.png

RhinoGoldmine.png

"Quadraphonic sound makes a comeback!" ...displacing the 'old' 5.1 system they were using at the beginning of the century?

Hey, you gotta walk before you can run ;)

IMO, Rhino has finally figured out who they're marketing to with these products. I hope they hit it hard and often. Music collectors are waiting for the next great "we get it" reissue label to arise, and maybe it's Rhino rising from its own ashes? No slight intended to Varese Sarabande or 4 Men With Beards or Sundazed, but those guys are generally catering to a niche within a niche, where Rhino, being a mini-major label distributed by a maxi-major, has a little better chance at pulling off something like a Quad reissue series.

God bless 'em!

Thanks for posting those pictures! T'was fun to look at! And here's to hoping that we get more quad releases from the vault.

I was pretty psyc'd when I came across these and I knew others probably would feel the same. We won't remind them of Q8s so long as they keep the quad product coming!

Well, however they advertise it, let's hope people snap these up and we get more releases. It is odd though. It sounds like they're only aware of the SQ record release. Here's an e-mail ad received a few days ago from Rhino:
rhinochicago..JPG

Maybe they're trying to avoid the whole mention of 8-tracks in general so as not to frighten the general public. But then again, 8-tracks are almost cool again.....

I hope they stick with the whole Quadraphonic thang! 5.1 isn't all that necessary anyway.

I hope they stick with the whole Quadraphonic thang! 5.1 isn't all that necessary anyway.

Agreed. I'll be happy to purchase additional 4.0 quad material from the vaults. Heck, my B&W LCR3 center speaker doesn't sound as good as my main left/right B&W speakers, anyway. As such, I've gotten to the point where I'd practically welcome the lack of center channel in surround music mixes.

Maybe they're trying to avoid the whole mention of 8-tracks in general so as not to frighten the general public. But then again, 8-tracks are almost cool again.....
i don't friggin' knows if they knew of the quad 8 track or not... and if they start to release more as this Chigaco disc it's ok for me! :)

Love these logos. There HAS to be more titles coming, no? :phones
Quadio_245x140..jpg
Quadio_245x140..jpg
quadtastic..gif
ChicagoQUAD_754x38&.jpg
Quadio_245x140..jpg
quadtastic..gif
ChicagoQUAD_754x38&.jpg
Quadio_460x325..jpg
quad-banner..gif

Last edited:
"Why is QUAD so cool?"
No need to click on that button, just ask us! :smokin

Amazing that almost 40 yrs after its introduction, some labels have "re-introducing" quad. If Rhino digs into the vault, I'll be there to support them.

I emailed customer service and asked them to do more quad re-issues because I know a large bunch of whackos who will buy them without even thinking about it (don't worry, I didn't use the word whacko in my email to them)

Does that describe this group?

They said they'd forward my request to management. I guess we'll find out eventually.

I emailed customer service and asked them to do more quad re-issues because I know a large bunch of whackos who will buy them without even thinking about it (don't worry, I didn't use the word whacko in my email to them)

Does that describe this group?

Well it certainly describes me!!
I will be more than happy to part with some of my money for this opportunity.:smokin

wackos heh heh he said wackos, my wife would certainly agree with that conclusion, I however am holding back until release , i want to see if the other wackos out there tell me that the sonics are good on this release if they are, then i'm in. i still think that $30 bucks is a little steep, unless it can blow my wacko head off, then count me in. so as soon as you guys who pre ordered give a listen and please post ( like that's not going to happen)

All they had to do was say Chicago and Quad in the same paragraph and I
was all over it like white on rice!
A great album to start with and it's cool to add it to my Chicago II & V DVD-As
(even though it isn't a DVD-A).
Maybe this will do well and they'll release the whole damn quad catalog!
Then... onto T-Rex, Eagles, ELP etc!

-B

Never been much of a Chicago fan but I might get it just to support surround music... I'll wait for reviews first though.

Back