Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForagingRhino

The Quadio guy
QQ Supporter
Is it too early to begin talking about these?
Because here's the thing. I kinda want those who ordered batch 4 enjoy them, digest them... or at least receive them, shipping notices be damned!

We have 4 more, currently slated for early August. Another diverse assortment of not-previously reissued Quads!

Anyway, starting a thread. Let's go!

Is it too early to begin talking about these?
Because here's the thing. I kinda want those who ordered batch 4 enjoy them, digest them... or at least receive them, shipping notices be damned!

We have 4 more, currently slated for early August. Another diverse assortment of not-previously reissued Quads!

Anyway, starting a thread. Let's go!
Thank you Mr. Rhino!!!! :love:

One Elektra (our first!)
Two Atlantics
One Warner Bros.
Splendid!

Allow me to offer my wishes for this upcoming series...

Elektra

Mickey Newbury - Frisco Mabel Joy
or
David Gates - Never Let Her Go

Atlantic

Aretha Franklin - Live At The Fillmore West
or
Modern Jazz Quartet - The Last Concert
or
Spinners - New & Improved
or
Duke Ellington - New Orleans Suite

Warner Bros.

Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
or
Ralph McTell - Right Side Up

Last edited:
I'm going to guess it's the live MJQ album that gets mentioned a lot here.
Modern Jazz Quartet - The Last Concert
How about Blues On Bach?

IMG_1813.jpeg

Last edited:
What is this Evans/Hendrix wizardry of which you speak?
That was/is a fantastic album! And he included some of these compositions in his live shows for years (for example, his Live at Sweet Basil records from the mid-80s). Would love to hear this in surround!

Probably not something they’d consider but I wasn’t at all involved in any of this when they released Aretha’s GH many years ago. I’d certainly be up for a reissue of that!
It would sound astounding in BD~A 192/24 versus lossy DTS 4.0 as it was originally released by RHINO. Still one of my most treasured discs! I'd definitely double dip!

Back