Rhino/Quadio delay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelchip

I ordered the Doobie Brother Quadio Box Set on October 5. It sat at Rhino with "Unshipped" status for 2 weeks. I sent an email inquiring about it every 3 or 4 days. Suddenly after 14 days, they responded to all of my emails that the unit had shipped. They then sent a tracking # for UPS that is incorrect and invokes an error at UPS.com. It's been in "SHIPPED" status now for 7 days, I still don't have it, don't know where it is, and now we're radio silence again on email contact. If you need this for a Christmas present, order now, or wait until it's available in retail stores.

I ordered the Doobie Brother Quadio Box Set on October 5. It sat at Rhino with "Unshipped" status for 2 weeks. I sent an email inquiring about it every 3 or 4 days. Suddenly after 14 days, they responded to all of my emails that the unit had shipped. They then sent a tracking # for UPS that is incorrect and invokes an error at UPS.com. It's been in "SHIPPED" status now for 7 days, I still don't have it, don't know where it is, and now we're radio silence again on email contact. If you need this for a Christmas present, order now, or wait until it's available in retail stores.

Import cds has it for preorder at $47

It finally arrived. I just wanted to post a comment about the mixes. These are Blu Ray audio/DTS copies of the original quad master tapes. They are not new and shiny remixes of the material. They are quite enjoyable, but 4 channel quad and surround were mixed very differently in the late seventies. There is also no LFE channel, so you will need to route that to your sub in a different manner if using a subwoofer.

It finally arrived. I just wanted to post a comment about the mixes. These are Blu Ray audio/DTS copies of the original quad master tapes. They are not new and shiny remixes of the material. They are quite enjoyable, but 4 channel quad and surround were mixed very differently in the late seventies. There is also no LFE channel, so you will need to route that to your sub in a different manner if using a subwoofer.
I think this is exactly what the people on this forum wanted.

A question to ponder given all the fulfillment hiccups here. Will the label be able to fulfill the retailer orders in a timely fashion?

I think EVERYTHING n EVERYONE is experiencing DELAYS period...nothing is really manufactured here in USA anymore...and covid (planned plandemic imho ) has just about everything backlogged and were about to enter that Thanksgiving n Xmas holiday season too...read rick Wakeman s delays...ALL CD DVD Bluray mfrs are backlogged, add to that shipping delays postal delays....SO JUST ORDER n WAIT...PAITENCE is a virtue they say

I think EVERYTHING n EVERYONE is experiencing DELAYS period...nothing is really manufactured here in USA anymore...and covid (planned plandemic imho ) has just about everything backlogged and were about to enter that Thanksgiving n Xmas holiday season too...read rick Wakeman s delays...ALL CD DVD Bluray mfrs are backlogged, add to that shipping delays postal delays....SO JUST ORDER n WAIT...PAITENCE is a virtue they say

You're right that just about everything is manufactured in other countries. Just received the UHD4K set of the Back To The Future Trilogy and prominently stamped on the rear: MADE IN MEXICO!

You're right that just about everything is manufactured in other countries. Just received the UHD4K set of the Back To The Future Trilogy and prominently stamped on the rear: MADE IN MEXICO!

Even things ??? Made Here / USA are delayed/backordered...theyve had us shutdown for 7 f*cking months!

Edit my knowledge we only mfr cheeseburgers, collateral debt obligations

It took me two attempts to acquire the Doobie Quadio box set from RHINO but it did finally arrive in perfect condition and has afforded me considerable enjoyment and based on 'probable' demand did experience some manufacturing delays.........which hopefully, in the long run MIGHT MEAN we'll get some more QUADIO releases from the label in the future. So that ain't such a bad thing in the grand scheme of things!

And after waiting some 45 years for this release ..... REALLY, what's a few more weeks?

People have been waiting for this set for 45 years. We're in the middle of a pandemic. Waiting an additional 2-3 weeks longer than you'd like doesn't seem to be a big deal in context (agreeing with the quoted posted if not obvious).

I have the DVD-A 5.1 remix of "The Captain and Me" re-mixed by Elliot Schiener. It's one of the finest quad mixes ever, especially compared side by side to the "Quadio" mix from 1973. (I assume mixed by Ted Templeman and Don Landee) They are both superb, just different in channel assignment and some levels.

I have the DVD-A 5.1 remix of "The Captain and Me" re-mixed by Elliot Schiener. It's one of the finest quad mixes ever, especially compared side by side to the "Quadio" mix from 1973. (I assume mixed by Ted Templeman and Don Landee) They are both superb, just different in channel assignment and some levels.
I have the 5.1 and Quad and like them both. Difficult to choose between them so will keep both. :)

People have been waiting for this set for 45 years. We're in the middle of a pandemic. Waiting an additional 2-3 weeks longer than you'd like doesn't seem to be a big deal in context (agreeing with the quoted posted if not obvious).
I ordered this set from what I thought was the Doobie Bros site and it was shipped by Wonderful Union, which I guess is a fan/concert promotions outfit. I was not familiar with them. Regardless, it arrived in about a week, which was faster than I expected. They shipped from Sacramento, CA. To get here that fast they must have turned around the order very quickly.
As for the discs, I have not gotten through all of them yet, but its like meeting an old friend. These albums, especially the Vices album, were my go to for CD 4 demos back in the day to prove what quad could do. Unfortunately, as I have stated elsewhere, my CD 4 experience has been pretty poor for a long time and so I have not played these in many years. In fact, I am seriously considering storing most of my CD 4s to make room for other vinyl that actually gets played. But these Doobie mixes are like going home again. Familiar, but unlike going home, better and quieter by far than ever before.

i prefer Scheiner's 5.1 tbh but the Quad's alright with me :)

Back