Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance these Japan Warner releases are in quad?

I didn't see an explicit mention of "stereo" in the descriptions.

I'm "hoping but not expecting".....

Let's hope this won't stop Rhino from releasing a Quadio set from the Doobies.

If they really want to (and I hope they do!) I don't think these Japanese SACDs will interfere with such a plan, especially since a Quadio set would probably only cover 4 albums, while this SACD series covers more than 10 albums.
Warner Music has continuously shown us that they can reissue the same albums in different formats (in different territories) so there can't be much of a conflict of interest if they are doing that.

Case in point: the Yes catalogue. You have the Japanese SACDs, two SACD releases from AF, and the Panegyric DVDA/Blu-Ray series all within the last 4 years.
For Chicago, you have the Quadio box set and some MOFI SACD releases out around the same time.

So like I always say when it comes to a potential Doobie Brothers Quadio set, "If you will it (dude), it is no dream."

;)

If they really want to (and I hope they do!) I don't think these Japanese SACDs will interfere with such a plan, especially since a Quadio set would probably only cover 4 albums, while this SACD series covers more than 10 albums.

That's really good info about only 4 likely being covered by a surround release. Many times, as I do not know the quad history of certain titles, I get confused on what was a quad release vs someone making a surround disc from scratch.

That's really good info about only 4 likely being covered by a surround release. Many times, as I do not know the quad history of certain titles, I get confused on what was a quad release vs someone making a surround disc from scratch.

There were 4 Quadraphonic albums released by the Doobie Brothers (and as shown in my avatar… ;) )

"Toulouse Street"
"The Captain & Me"
"What Once Were Vices Are Now Habits"
"Stampede"

:)

There were 4 Quadraphonic albums released by the Doobie Brothers (and as shown in my avatar… ;) )

"Toulouse Street"
"The Captain & Me"
"What Once Were Vices Are Now Habits"
"Stampede"

And Warner Japan has already released The Captain and Me on a Surround SACD.

I'm not sure I'd hang around that long, couldn't bear the wait, I'm lowering my purchase time to a femtosecond! :bounce :music

You're right, why wait that long.

I had to look the following up: 1 yoctosecond = 1x10^^-24 seconds

I think that would be plenty to wait before ordering Quadio Doobies :brew

You heard of a Googleplex, 10^(10^100) well how about Quadiosecond being 10^(-10^-100) of a second, and defined as the time necessary to purchase a desperately wanted surround release!

You're right, why wait that long.

I had to look the following up: 1 yoctosecond = 1x10^^-24 seconds

I think that would be plenty to wait before ordering Quadio Doobies :brew

Time to start those cards and letters to Dr. Rhino.... :)

Oh trust me, Rhino already knows how much I want them to release a Doobie Brothers Quadio set.
I even sent them via Facebook by idea for the front cover artwork for the set (which is also currently my avatar)

I really want Quadio to do the 4 Doobies. I sure hope they do.

I wonder if there is an unreleased quad mix of "Takin' It To The Streets" (1976). There was no announcement of such, but there are a number of quad mixes that didn't see release when the plug was pulled.

I wonder if there is an unreleased quad mix of "Takin' It To The Streets" (1976). There was no announcement of such, but there are a number of quad mixes that didn't see release when the plug was pulled.

If Warner Music really has a legit, discrete Quad mix of "Takin' It To The Streets" in the vaults, well that puts the kibosh on my front cover idea… ;)

But seriously, if a Quad mix of "Takin' It To The Streets" does exist, then that means that Warner/Rhino also has the ability to compile a "Best of the Doobies" Quadraphonic compilation as it was originally released in stereo in 1976.
So to sum up, a four disc box set would now become a six disc box set! :yikes :phones

If Warner Music really has a legit, discrete Quad mix of "Takin' It To The Streets" in the vaults, well that puts the kibosh on my front cover idea… ;)

But seriously, if a Quad mix of "Takin' It To The Streets" does exist, then that means that Warner/Rhino also has the ability to compile a "Best of the Doobies" Quadraphonic compilation as it was originally released in stereo in 1976.
So to sum up, a four disc box set would now become a six disc box set! :yikes :phones

Hee! I'd still buy it......put as many as you like in it. :)

Putting together a 'new' Best Of The Doobies quad if one never existed before would seem an odd choice to make unless it was just done as a cheap way to charge more for the set.

At least with Chicago IX, the title already existed in quad and there are some different edits on a couple of tracks. Then again...there is a shorter version of "Listen To The Music" on "Best Of"......

I'd definitely be listening to the music then! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back