• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

HiRez Poll Rich, Charlie - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH ME (I GET HIGH) [SACD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the SACD of Charlie Rich - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH ME (I GET HIGH)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2019 Multichannel SACD release of two classic Charlie Rich albums "Behind Closed Doors" and "Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High)".

Behind Closed Doors
LP KE 32247 (1973) STEREO EQ 32247 QUADRAPHONIC
1. Behind Closed Doors (O’Dell)
2. If You Wouldn’t Be My Lady (Holiday; Reeves)
3. You Never Really Wanted Me (A Rich)
4. A Sunday Kind of Woman (M A Rich)
5. Peace on You (C Rich)
6. The Most Beautiful Girl (Wilson; Sherrill; Bourke)
7. I Take it on Home (O’Dell)
8. ’Til I Can’t Take it Anymore (Otis; Burton)
9. We Love Each Other (Killen)
10. I’m Not Going Hungry Anymore (Hart)
11. Nothing in the World (To Do with Me) (M A Rich)
THE NASHVILLE EDITION (background vocals) [1-3, 5-6, 8-9, 11]
THE JORDANAIRES (background vocals) [4, 7, 10]

Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High)
LP PE 33455 (1975) STEREO PEQ 33455 QUADRAPHONIC
12. Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High) (Sherrill; C Rich)
13. All Over Me (Peters)
14. A Little Bit Here (A Little Bit There) (M A Rich)
15. A Mellow Melody (Sherrill; C Rich)
16. Since I Fell for You (Johnson)
17. Pass on By (M A Rich)
18. Rendezvous (Wilson; Sherrill)
19. She (McMath; Nelson; Blumberg)
20. You and I (Strzelecki)
21. Midnight Blues (C Rich)
THE NASHVILLE EDITION (background vocals)

Nashville musicians:
Tommy Allsup, Larry Butler, Jimmy Capps, Jerry Carrigan, Pete Drake, Ray Edenton, Mary Hoepfinger, Glenn Keener, Charlie McCoy, Bob Moore, Norbert Putnam, Hargus “Pigg” Robbins, Billy Sanford, Billy Sherrill, Henry Strzelecki, Pete Wade

SHELDON KURLAND AND THE STRINGS

Remastered from the original analogue tapes by Michael J. Dutton
Multi-ch Stereo
All tracks available in stereo and multi-channel

SA-CD
This hybrid CD can be played on any standard CD players

par4ken

500 Club - QQ All-Star
While very familiar with the hits "Behind Closed Doors" and "The Most Beautiful Girl", I had never before heard these albums. I expected this release to be more of a country record but would instead classify it as easy listening tinged with a bit of country. It's not the type of music that I would normally listen to, however the sound quality and mix are excellent.

mattB2

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
A very pleasant surprise. Like par4ken I was only familiar with the couple of hit singles but the albums are a relaxing experience. Nice surround mix and the usual respectful mastering from Michael Dutton.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
A truly spectacular 'gift' from Dutton Vocalion. Since I have nothing to compare it with [Q8/SQ LP] what I am hearing is true sonic bliss. Although I'm not a Country/Western fan in the true sense of the word, a SOLID 9!

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
It never ceases to amaze me how great these old CBS quad masters sound. I can't say I'm much of a country or easy-listening fan myself, but I liked Behind Closed Doors enough to pick up both the SQ LP and the Q8. Both were great examples of their respective formats, but (unsurprisingly) the SACD sourced from the quad master tapes takes the cake.

The quad presentation serves the material well - nothing crazy, just nice discrete separation of the instruments as you'd expect from a CBS title. Charlie's front and center, piano in one of the front channels, drums rear left, bass rear right, while other elements such as strings, steel guitar, and backing vocals come from the rears as well.

Going with an 8. Keep cranking out the CBS titles!

"Behind Closed Doors":
CR_bcd.jpg

"The Most Beautiful Girl":
CR_tmbg.jpg

Last edited:

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I voted 9. Excellent recording. Charlie Rich has a great voice and the arrangements fit his voice well. The 4.0 is fantastic, like sjcorne said, nothing big, nothing little. A keeper for me, great early morning or late evening listening.
What marpow says...

I finally got around to listening to these yesterday back to back. Nice mellow recordings (yet never boring) for when I'm in the mood for them. Excellent mix and fidelity. I also gave it a 9.

Group builder