HiRez Poll Rich, Charlie - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH ME (I GET HIGH) [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Charlie Rich - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & EVERY TIME YOU TOUCH ME (I GET HIGH)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2019 Multichannel SACD release of two classic Charlie Rich albums "Behind Closed Doors" and "Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High)".
Both Quadraphonic mixes are also available to stream in Dolby Audio via Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/behind-closed-doors/201265572https://music.apple.com/us/album/every-time-you-touch-me-i-get-high/1216936505
Behind Closed Doors
LP KE 32247 (1973) STEREO EQ 32247 QUADRAPHONIC
1. Behind Closed Doors (O’Dell)
2. If You Wouldn’t Be My Lady (Holiday; Reeves)
3. You Never Really Wanted Me (A Rich)
4. A Sunday Kind of Woman (M A Rich)
5. Peace on You (C Rich)
6. The Most Beautiful Girl (Wilson; Sherrill; Bourke)
7. I Take it on Home (O’Dell)
8. ’Til I Can’t Take it Anymore (Otis; Burton)
9. We Love Each Other (Killen)
10. I’m Not Going Hungry Anymore (Hart)
11. Nothing in the World (To Do with Me) (M A Rich)
THE NASHVILLE EDITION (background vocals) [1-3, 5-6, 8-9, 11]
THE JORDANAIRES (background vocals) [4, 7, 10]

Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High)
LP PE 33455 (1975) STEREO PEQ 33455 QUADRAPHONIC
12. Every Time You Touch Me (I Get High) (Sherrill; C Rich)
13. All Over Me (Peters)
14. A Little Bit Here (A Little Bit There) (M A Rich)
15. A Mellow Melody (Sherrill; C Rich)
16. Since I Fell for You (Johnson)
17. Pass on By (M A Rich)
18. Rendezvous (Wilson; Sherrill)
19. She (McMath; Nelson; Blumberg)
20. You and I (Strzelecki)
21. Midnight Blues (C Rich)
THE NASHVILLE EDITION (background vocals)

Nashville musicians:
Tommy Allsup, Larry Butler, Jimmy Capps, Jerry Carrigan, Pete Drake, Ray Edenton, Mary Hoepfinger, Glenn Keener, Charlie McCoy, Bob Moore, Norbert Putnam, Hargus “Pigg” Robbins, Billy Sanford, Billy Sherrill, Henry Strzelecki, Pete Wade

SHELDON KURLAND AND THE STRINGS

Remastered from the original analogue tapes by Michael J. Dutton
Multi-ch Stereo
All tracks available in stereo and multi-channel

SA-CD
This hybrid CD can be played on any standard CD players

81en2IM8q1L._SL1429_.jpg

Last edited:
While very familiar with the hits "Behind Closed Doors" and "The Most Beautiful Girl", I had never before heard these albums. I expected this release to be more of a country record but would instead classify it as easy listening tinged with a bit of country. It's not the type of music that I would normally listen to, however the sound quality and mix are excellent.

It never ceases to amaze me how great these old CBS quad masters sound. I can't say I'm much of a country or easy-listening fan myself, but I liked Behind Closed Doors enough to pick up both the SQ LP and the Q8. Both were great examples of their respective formats, but (unsurprisingly) the SACD sourced from the quad master tapes takes the cake.

The quad presentation serves the material well - nothing crazy, just nice discrete separation of the instruments as you'd expect from a CBS title. Charlie's front and center, piano in one of the front channels, drums rear left, bass rear right, while other elements such as strings, steel guitar, and backing vocals come from the rears as well.

Going with an 8. Keep cranking out the CBS titles!

"Behind Closed Doors":
CR_bcd.jpg

"The Most Beautiful Girl":
CR_tmbg.jpg

Last edited:
I voted 9. Excellent recording. Charlie Rich has a great voice and the arrangements fit his voice well. The 4.0 is fantastic, like sjcorne said, nothing big, nothing little. A keeper for me, great early morning or late evening listening.

What marpow says...

I finally got around to listening to these yesterday back to back. Nice mellow recordings (yet never boring) for when I'm in the mood for them. Excellent mix and fidelity. I also gave it a 9.

Back