Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DVD turned up in today's post - no previous notification so it was a complete surprise particularly as it contains a really nice surround mix (DD but better than none at all). I'm really glad that Rick came through in the end but I hope that there are extra copies made available for the people who were put off by the statements about stereo only early on.

Mine turned up this morning and I would have just chucked it on the to listen to pile as it was just stereo but at lunchtime I spotted Svengaleekie's post in my email. My hearing is almost normal in my right ear (I actually now think there is also concert sound level damage in it!). I hadn't listened to the album before, so after my conference calls this afternoon I put it on. The surround DD5.1 was thus my first listen to the music. Its a really good album, some great musicianship and tunes, and the surround mix really works for me, a really nice surprise to get it. So a big (y) to Mr Wakeman and his merry crew.

I canceled my original order for the deluxe pop up CD/DVD edition when I learned there was NO 5.1 remix. Now will it be offered to the general public in a CD/DVD edition without the POP UP? I know the stand alone RBCD is available!

I canceled my original order for the deluxe pop up CD/DVD edition when I learned there was NO 5.1 remix. Now will it be offered to the general public in a CD/DVD edition without the POP UP? I know the stand alone RBCD is available!

I was just cruising importcds n i think the new one is now listed...30-40

I canceled my original order for the deluxe pop up CD/DVD edition when I learned there was NO 5.1 remix. Now will it be offered to the general public in a CD/DVD edition without the POP UP?
Maybe if the album sells really well? my pop up edition has 0329 of 2000 on the back, so I suspect that is all that was pressed.

Mine turned up this morning and I would have just chucked it on the to listen to pile as it was just stereo but at lunchtime I spotted Svengaleekie's post in my email. My hearing is almost normal in my right ear (I actually now think there is also concert sound level damage in it!). I hadn't listened to the album before, so after my conference calls this afternoon I put it on. The surround DD5.1 was thus my first listen to the music. Its a really good album, some great musicianship and tunes, and the surround mix really works for me, a really nice surprise to get it. So a big (y)to Mr Wakeman and his merry crew.

The VERY reason I stopped going to BOMBASTICALLY LOUD concerts, Dunc. Hope the damage is only temporary. Glad you're enjoying the DD 5.1 remix and at least the DVD has a LOSSLESS hi res Stereo mix.

The VERY reason I stopped going to BOMBASTICALLY LOUD concerts, Dunc. Hope the damage is only temporary. Glad you're enjoying the DD 5.1 remix and at least the DVD has a LOSSLESS hi res Stereo mix.
I suspect not :( the ear infection has (luckily) but I did spot the loss of volume at HF before but dismissed it as just something that would pass.

JUST PRE~ORDERED FROM IMPORTCD ...... Bless their Souls! And F**K AMAZON.

See the source image

See, I fooled you ALL. There is a 5.1 remix:p

Last edited:
Maybe someone could reach out to whoever that crowdfunding/project co-ordinator was and ask if they might be willing to provide an uncompressed FLAC download of the surround mix to purchasers?

I'd be willing to buy this set if that was an add-on bonus, but I already have enough DD5.1 discs that I don't like the sound of to last me for the rest of my natural life.

Back