Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe someone could reach out to whoever that crowdfunding/project co-ordinator was and ask if they might be willing to provide an uncompressed FLAC download of the surround mix to purchasers?

I'd be willing to buy this set if that was an add-on bonus, but I already have enough DD5.1 discs that I don't like the sound of to last me for the rest of my natural life.

Maybe you'll be REBORN loving DD 5.1, Dave?

JUST PRE~ORDERED FROM IMPORTCD ...... Bless their Souls! And F**K AMAZON.

See the source image

See, I fooled you ALL. There is a 5.1 remix:p
If a 5.1 remix played in the forest and there was no one there to hear it...

The Ltd. Ed. is a numbered run of 2000, plus I realised I only paid £30 via RW shop, whereas amazon has it at £45!

F*ck amazon walmart n all too big to fail multi billion corps

Support your small bs. Importcds bullmoose burning shed etc

Eat at small independent restaurants
Scr*w the chain restaurants

First listen and this is awesome!

The lossy dolby dd isn't a problem. On that subject, I've got to say that 24/48 lossy dd by itself isn't just a meat grinder like its reputation! It turns out that a number of releases with dd program that sounded damaged had a root cause of "garbage in, garbage out". DD by itself fed an unmolested master with proper fidelity doesn't just step on it. A little bit of that lossy veil I suppose (speculation with nothing to A/B with) similar to what 320k mp3s have. Maybe you have to use computer media players only? Maybe the hardware dvd players truncate to 16 bit or something? I don't hear anything "wrong" wrong here. Not promoting lossy, just sayin'!

First listen and the mix and surround is great! This might be the best solo album I've heard from Rick since 6 Wives! I like that there aren't any pitchy singers getting in the way.

The Ltd. Ed. is a numbered run of 2000, plus I realised I only paid £30 via RW shop, whereas amazon has it at £45!
The Limited Edition that I received way back (with CD only, and inside the other side of gatefold was a little pamphlet. Mine says "blank" of 2000. In other words, I have no clue if I have number 1 or 2000. So odd. Does everyone else who received this back some time have a similar package?

I can provide some context around the decision for The Red Planet "surprise" 5.1
The mix was done by Simon Heyworth from the stereo master, not from discrete tracks. It was therefore not marketed as a true surround sound mix, but instead created as a "thank you" to the fans for their patience with the DVD being so delayed and not having the launch event footage as originally intended. There are no current plans to distribute the mix in any other format.
Wayne
RWCC

I can provide some context around the decision for The Red Planet "surprise" 5.1
The mix was done by Simon Heyworth from the stereo master, not from discrete tracks. It was therefore not marketed as a true surround sound mix, but instead created as a "thank you" to the fans for their patience with the DVD being so delayed and not having the launch event footage as originally intended. There are no current plans to distribute the mix in any other format.
Wayne
RWCC
Thanks for joining and the insights, Wayne. If I may ask, will there be a repress of the DVD?

Wayne
RWCC
The 5.1 "mix" works well

Back