Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

surround.sound.enthusiast

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Which......is why I started keeping an excel sheet of all my purchases, how I paid, how much I paid, date of order, yada yada. It helps
I considered this a few years back when Acoustic Sounds Vinyl Vault (I think it was them) announced that they had acquired a massive LP collection fully notated with dates of purchase and original purchase prices. But... I was already decades down the road of buying and collecting, so forget it at this point. I do keep Excel spreadsheets on my collection itself, because it was starting to get a little unwieldly to be able to remember for certain what I did or didn't have. You know, you come home with what turns out to be another duplicate LP...

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Dolby digital 24/48 and DTS 24/96 is this still the upmix or what was originally specified?
Most likely - see the new back cover:
1620031950090.png

"5.1 Surround UpMix by Simon Heyworth"
"The 5.1 UpMix - Surround performance on this disc was electronically created from the original stereo source without the benefit of the multitrack masters"

Last edited:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Most likely - see the new back cover:
View attachment 66759
"5.1 Surround UpMix by Simon Heyworth"
"The 5.1 UpMix - Surround performance on this disc was electronically created from the original stereo source without the benefit of the multitrack masters"
i can't see how anyone would have any problem with that kind of upfront description. i honestly wish other labels would follow suit and be as transparent so buyers can make an informed choice before picking up a certain release. i will add that i find a Simon Heyworth upmix is often preferable to some mixes from multitracks by certain other folk, he knows his stuff for sure 👍

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Looks like Amazon description is wrong (no surprise there) as they still list it as having DTS 24/96 but no mention of that on the cover.
So is Burning Shed:
This 2 disc edition features the original album on CD, while the DVD contains 5.1 surround sound and Hi-res stereo audio (PCM Stereo @ 24-bit 96kHz / Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround @ 24-bit 48kHz / DTS 5.1 Digital Surround @ 24-bit 96kHz) plus 3 mini promo films and a 70 minute documentary of “The Making Of The Red Planet”.
That's why I posted the cover (source: jpc.de).