Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very common reference around these audio forums. Scarves and Marbles is jabbing fun at bloated box sets that include coasters, post cards, guitar picks, smelly underwear, etc. Now, in this case, the reference to Pop UP is real. Just check the pre-order.
I got it now
At my age I'm a slow learner but I'm catching on. LOL
Thanks for the schoolin'

"This limited edition of the Red Planet is two-disc set comprising CD & DVD with surround sound, interviews, and other extras. In the deluxe "Pop Up" packaging is strickly, limited to 2,000 units worldwide. In order to avoid disappointment, pre-ordering is advised.... unless you like buying your limited editions from the likes of eBay (other auction sites are available)....."
???
https://www.musicglue.com/rick-wake...vd-in-deluxe-limited-edition-pop-up-packaging

When you click on the above link, you'll note that the words "surround sound" have been omitted. It now reads the following:

"This limited edition of the Red Planet is two-disc set comprising CD & DVD with, interviews and other extras........"

Now I'm starting to think perhaps there's no surround mix. Can anybody confirm that there is indeed one?

Last edited:
When you click on the above link, you'll note that the words "surround sound" have been omitted. It now reads the following:

"This limited edition of the Red Planet is two-disc set comprising CD & DVD with, interviews and other extras........"

Now I'm starting to think perhaps there's no surround mix. Can anybody confirm that there is indeed one?

WTF?? It better be surround...that's why I ordered it.

If I get it, and they've yanked the 5.1, I won't open it...and it's going back. Not fair to say surround on order site, I order it...now they conveniently change the wording. So odd.

To be perfectly honest, even though I've always admired Wakeman's solo projects and tenure with Yes, this newest project with CD and lossy DVD was not a top priority on my radar and I should've followed my instincts and waited until the 'reviews' came out. Since it hasn't been shipped, I'll probably cancel the charge on my credit card and take my chances.

I'd much rather support BANDCAMP with their realistically priced CD/DVD 5.1 combos!

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest, even though I've always admired Wakeman's solo projects and tenure with Yes, this newest project with CD and lossy DVD was not a top priority on my radar and I should've followed my instincts and waited until the 'reviews' came out. Since it hasn't been shipped, I'll probably cancel the charge on my credit card and take my chances.

I'd much rather support BANDCAMP with their realistically priced CD/DVD 5.1 combos!

Is it easy to cancel??? I didn't look into what email address to follow up with.

Is it easy to cancel??? I didn't look into what email address to follow up with.

I know my credit card company allows up to 60 days to 'contest' a charge so it shouldn't be a problem as the parcel has NOT yet shipped. In fact, I just received A Beautiful Curse's 'AS IT SHOULD BE' CD/DVD~V 5.1 from Bandcamp and am LOVING IT ... and only $17 shipped.

I have just sent Music Glue a short request to confirm if the DVD will have a surround version of this release, on it.
If not, I have requested it to be cancelled.

I'm currently on the phone with my credit card company [on hold for 1/2 hour due to you know what] and have already started the process of canceling my order. Will wait for reviews.

I'm currently on the phone with my credit card company [on hold for 1/2 hour due to you know what] and have already started the process of canceling my order. Will wait for reviews.
I hope that Music Glue will do the right thing and cancel this if the suspicions are proved correct.
Just had an auto-responder email confirming receipt and stating they should clarify requests in 24hrs.

I will post updates when I get them.

This has nothing to do with Wakeman [still on the phone with my CC company] but just ordered Be Bop Deluxe's box set of AXE VICTIM with the 5.1 remix for only 5 dollars more than the new Wakeman CD/DVD combo in the POP UP PACKAGING!

Back