Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem with folks sticking to their principles and voting with their pocket book to drive behavior to encourage surround content.

I'm not celebrating, but I like pop-ups and the Minimoog on Mars art in particular. 🤓
It was a factor in placing my order, along with supporting the artist and label.
Me as well (y)

Just the stereo version cd in a standard Jewel case comes to $25.63. Yowza!
Yes not your fault I think I hope wee all get over the virus soon ! I do have some of ricks albums in surround sound and I am. Very pleased with them thanks the sound quality is nothing short than excellent I won't complain there the only small problem as with them and a lot of discs that come in thin card is there can be wearing of the card then you can't just replace it that is were blue ray audio in the 11mm cases or SACDs are better like vocalion records, still can't be ungrateful as ricks work is out in the quod or 5.1 sound format
Thanks again
Tony Ruffell

Yes not your fault I think I hope wee all get over the virus soon ! I do have some of ricks albums in surround sound and I am. Very pleased with them thanks the sound quality is nothing short than excellent I won't complain there the only small problem as with them and a lot of discs that come in thin card is there can be wearing of the card then you can't just replace it that is were blue ray audio in the 11mm cases or SACDs are better like vocalion records, still can't be ungrateful as ricks work is out in the quod or 5.1 sound format
Thanks again
Tony Ruffell
Thanks again
Tony Ruffell
Any chance of beyond the planets in surround sound format ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-142952.png
    Screenshot_20200328-142952.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 166
Rob has replied:
Hi Rob,
Sorry to trouble you but I have been asked, by my fellow Quadraphonic members, if I could clarify a few details about the highly anticipated new release by Rick.

1- Will there still be a surround version of this release? - Personally, I hope so, but given the cahos the virus has caused everywhere, everything is very fluid at the moment. Just simple things like Erik Jordan goingto the surround studio can't happen.

2- If so, what potential timescales are we looking at? - Who knows with this virus. There was talk of the restrictions lifting somewhat in mid -april. Talking to someone today and that has changed to mid-may, like I say very fluid

3- If people purchase the deluxe boxset will they be entitled to a form of discount when and if, a surround version becomes available? That would be something I could seriously look into, if people were interested.

4- Has it been considered, to release a surround version in a High Res Multichannel digital format, for downloading. Lets get a surround mix first, then we can figure out the delivery options from there.

5 -Are you in constant communication with Rick over this release? Yes and lots of other projects too.

As you can tell, the news I conveyed about a no surround version of Rick's new release being available, caused quite a lot of discussion. I own a dolby atmos set up myself, I am big fan of surround sound and a strong supporter of the formatt. If it was my choice alone it would happen. But given the chaos the virus has caused world wide and how that has affacted simple parcticallities of day to day life, ie Erik Jordan not able to travel to the surround sound studio I can understand where we are with the surround sound version of The Red Planet. I am hoping there will be some good news about it. In the mean time, knowing it will definately be issued as a high res 24/96 stereo version gives us audiophiles something to look forward to...

I have tried to minimise the questions and concerns I received into 5 bullet points.

I hope you understand, my fellow members are genuinely wishing to support Rick in his new release but were really looking forward to hearing it in surround.

I look forward to hearing from you Rob

Take care and stay safe.

Best wishes

Mike

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stay Safe - Be Well !!

Please check out our new web site

www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk

I did not know that Rob has his own Atmos set-up.
Or that he is a big fan of surround music.
That explains why he is keen for this project to go ahead in the future.

I will keep on friendly terms with Rob and see if he would like to join our community in the future.
Thanks for pursuing this. I really appreciate that. I’m sure many on this forum feel the same way

This arrived today:
Good morning
Thank you so much for your order for The Red Planet.
Hopefully you all know by now that the date for release/fulfilment has gone back - we anticipate 23rd May but we'll endeavour to get your orders to you as soon as we possibly can. There has been a delay due to difficulties with the supply chain at this challenging time.
Unfortunately an anomaly within the system meant that an email was sent about your orders being fulfilled on 3rd April. We do apologise for this, and for any confusion that has caused.
Please keep an eye out for further news from us soon.
Thank you very much for your patience.
Regards
Rick HQ
This message was sent from Rick Wakeman: The Red Planet via Music Glue

Yep, I received email too. Only, I already canceled my order. :(
I cancelled my order on 27 March but so far have only had a 'confirmation of cancel request' from Music Glue. (I have since received the message about the release being delayed, which I wouldn't expect if they had actually cancelled me.) Have others who cancelled actually got a refund yet? I'm not in a hurry and don't want to bother them if I can avoid it, but if others have actually had a refund I ought to chase it up in case a non-surround DVD unexpectedly appears on my doormat.

Back