Quantcast

Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thats how I looked 40+ years ago, though I never got to sign a horse!
Well, Dunc, LONG HAIR pulls on your roots and promotes baldness [acccording to my hairdresser of 25 years] and at least you never got kicked by a mule [hopefully]!!!

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well, Dunc, LONG HAIR pulls on your roots and promotes baldness [acccording to my hairdresser of 25 years] and at least you never got kicked by a mule [hopefully]!!!
Well that explains the shine on top!

tarkusnj

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I read this "...deluxe editions with a bonus DVD that is was originally slated to contain a surround sound mix. However, the surround mix is delayed and possibly will be issued at a later date, thus this edition is now marketed to contain interviews and other extras." here

~dave~~wave~

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Just retrieved from the mailbox.

The pop-up atop my vintage MiniMoog pictured and reflected in the astronaut's visor:

IMG_4679.jpeg

Rick's autograph blessing the keyboard of my new 2020 version, which added a fourth oscillator, and as seen at the top of the column of orange switches I've re-christened the quaD D version of the Behringer Poly D.

IMG_4682.jpeg

Now to adjust the controls for DPL II upmix after a proper herbal libation to prepare for launch & trans-martian orbital injection.

:51QQ

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I got my copy yesterday, Aug 1st. Sure was a long time to wait for a CD, haven't listened yet. No autograph. It does say in liner notes recorded March 2020, so I guess it is not that long of a wait?

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I got my copy yesterday, Aug 1st. Sure was a long time to wait for a CD, haven't listened yet. No autograph. It does say in liner notes recorded March 2020, so I guess it is not that long of a wait?
ah.. if its any consolation 'twas no autograph on mine either matey.. and no matter how hard i looked i couldn't find that feckin' 5.1 mix either, oh well..! next! 🙃 😂

curtisjnewell

Marpow said he got his Aug. 1st. What country is he in?Mine was suppose to have been sent June 30th also, but nothing as of Aug.1.When the DVD's are sent out, they won't have a 5.1. Just a stereo high resolution audio mix, and a Nasa documentary,etc. The 5.1 might be later on they say, I HOPE they don't just FORGET about!!

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Marpow said he got his Aug. 1st. What country is he in?Mine was suppose to have been sent June 30th also, but nothing as of Aug.1.When the DVD's are sent out, they won't have a 5.1. Just a stereo high resolution audio mix, and a Nasa documentary,etc. The 5.1 might be later on they say, I HOPE they don't just FORGET about!!
California. The music is fun and as you know highly keyboard influenced. The sound quality is really good for 16/44.1 stereo, rich and a little bassy.

Last edited:

SHB

Mine was dispatched on June 30th and I still no got :( Hopes soonly here (y)
Mine was dispatched on June 30th and it came today. Hopefully Mr Postman comes through and delivers your tomorrow. I’m going to play it through my involve audio surround master V2 in involve 5.1 tonight and hear what happens