Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just listened to it for about the third time, I'm very much enjoying this release, one of Rick's best in a very long time.
Can't wait to hear it in 5.1, or maybe even a Atmos immersive mix? :SB

A rough new release month. an excellent new Wakeman release musically but missing any multich joy.
And a great (IMHO) new Kansas surround mix, but missing the mark musically, no joy there. :cry:

I kept my order for the CD+DVD, and like others here only received the CD pop-up edition. Very disappointed in both Music Glue who took my money and the Wakeman team for lousy fullfillment processing. I have message into the RW team but have yet to hear back from them. Curious if anyone else has heard back regarding the lack of DVD with their order.

I kept my order for the CD+DVD, and like others here only received the CD pop-up edition. Very disappointed in both Music Glue who took my money and the Wakeman team for lousy fullfillment processing. I have message into the RW team but have yet to hear back from them. Curious if anyone else has heard back regarding the lack of DVD with their order.
I’m disappointed too with Music Glue and RW. I have not heard anything. I hope in the Fall we get the dvd with a multichannel mix. I think it’s pretty evident that those who initially ordered this edition was for the 5.1 mix.

Sure did, five weeks ago directly from Music Glue when they began shipping, see post #138.
Maybe your email went in the spam folder.

Vent all you want, the DVDs will come when they're ready, and will not have a surround mix.

I haven't received nothing from music glue. Was suppose to have been sent June 30th!! Music glue didn't send orders out! Another company did!! All they had to do was use ROYAL AIR MAIL! I get everything from England in only two weeks! But they're cost would be higher. It's better than you're order getting lost, and never showing up!!

I haven't received nothing from music glue. Was suppose to have been sent June 30th!! Music glue didn't send orders out! Another company did!! All they had to do was use ROYAL AIR MAIL! I get everything from England in only two weeks! But they're cost would be higher. It's better than you're order getting lost, and never showing up!!

Folks, including me, only started receiving these a week ago, so I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle about it just yet.
It was shipped Royal Air Mail, which is not tracked.

There's a whole thread about slower shipments here, if you've not seen it.
How much longer are international shipments taking in mid-2020?

I live in Iowa in the U.S. and I have received two parcels from England, and they only took two weeks. They were sent Royal Air Mail. Never had to wait long with Royal Air Mail, to get to northern Iowa, in United States.

I received thepop-up packaging CD, with no signature, last Sat-Aug. 8th.lt took one month. Has anybody noticed that on the package, one of the return addresss' is SWEDEN! Well that explains why it took so long with Royal Air Mail! As I said above, it has NVER taken longer than two weeks, from England to Iowa in the U.S., with that postage mentioned. I ordered another CD/DVD package, about 2-3 months after the unsigned one. So you would think the signed one would come soon.

I just received the album 2 months and 1 week after I received the email of the shipment.
I ordered the "SCIENCE OFFICER" version with the CD & DVD. And while I knew that the DVD was going to be delayed, it is until now that I found out that there won't be a surround version on the DVD. Only a high res version of the album plus expanded versions of footage shown online.
I remember clearly that it was mentioned in the description of this version that there was going to be a surround version on the DVD. But on the FAQ section on Rick's web page it is clear that there won't be one :(.

See third question on:
The Red Planet - FAQ

Your post motivated me to give it a "Hey Alexa, Play......" and I am loving it too. I would buy a physical copy if they got around to a decent surround mix.

When are we to get the DVD version of Red Planet, which will sound a lot closer to the studio version, Dts, DD, 48-kz,etc???

I was enjoying Amazon playing in the background yesterday and then I heard Patrick Stewart reading Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Anyone know if that was released in surround?

Back