RIP Keith Emerson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropping back in to confirm, as expected, it's not 5.1.

But it's still a great listen (so far anyway, I'm only a few songs in). Solid, virtuosic and gutsy, and well recorded. And the players are all clearly enjoying themselves - you can't help smiling along with them all. It would have been wondrous in 5.1, but is still great.

The packaging is straightforward and I think they've done well on what must have been a limited budget. Fun artwork. It looks to me like they didn't expect a big market for the release, yet it appears to be selling out everywhere. Plus, not just some but ALL of the proceeds go to that charity for musicians experiencing the same debilitating condition, which is very impressive.

Oh and the photo montage at the start is wonderful. :) It succeeds in showing Keith was clearly a good man, and fun to know.

Last edited:
This tribute concert is one of the best concert dvds I‘ve ever seen. Emotional and superb music performances. No surround but the sound overall is just perfect.

Attachments

• 0693A466-0B63-4456-BBE8-6C9036C2815B.jpeg
    0693A466-0B63-4456-BBE8-6C9036C2815B.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 90
Dropping back in to confirm, as expected, it's not 5.1.

But it's still a great listen (so far anyway, I'm only a few songs in). Solid, virtuosic and gutsy, and well recorded. And the players are all clearly enjoying themselves - you can't help smiling along with them all. It would have been wondrous in 5.1, but is still great.

The packaging is straightforward and I think they've done well on what must have been a limited budget. Fun artwork. It looks to me like they didn't expect a big market for the release, yet it appears to be selling out everywhere. Plus, not just some but ALL of the proceeds go to that charity for musicians experiencing the same debilitating condition, which is very impressive.

Oh and the photo montage at the start is wonderful. :) It succeeds in showing Keith was clearly a good man, and fun to know.
Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered it from Cherry Red, and after 6 weeks it finally arrived! Watched it last night. Rachel Flowers was incredible, as you mentioned, and I enjoyed the other pianists, some of whom I had not been aware of. The ones I did know did not disappoint. Jordan Rudess did a great job on Tarkus, Eddie Jobson was solid, nice Moog on Lucky Man. I was pleasantly surprised to see Brian Auger too! Not to forget Marc Bonilla, who did a masterful job on guitar and vocals. All in all, very solid performances by all involved, a wonderful tribute.

Back