RIP Paul Barrere

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Paul Barrere, lead guitarist for Little Feat, has passed at age 71.

https://www.jambase.com/article/little-feat-paul-barrere-died

Little Feat is one of my favorite bands. Sadly and sorely under-represented in the surround world, they are nevertheless frequent flyers in my speakers. I still consider Waiting For Columbus to be one of the greatest live albums of all time. Paul was predeceased in 1979 by Lowell George, founding lead slide guitarist of Little Feat, and in 2010 by Richie Hayward, the drummer.

After the death of Lowell the band was disbanded from 1980 to 1987. They returned in '87 with a supplemented lineup, which allowed me to see them perform over a dozen times. I met Paul very briefly a couple of times, and he was always very gracious.

My favorite Little Feat story occurred when the band was playing a free concert in a small outdoor venue near me. It seemed inconceivable that they should be playing such a small free gig, but there they were. Someone else in the crowd stepped up to me between two songs and asked "say, who is this band playing all these great Little Feat songs? To which I replied: 'Little Feat!'"

I saw them from the third row this last June, and they were still killin' it. Some young kid came up to me and said "Wow, it is great that you are here! How old are you?" and I said 83! (I'm 57) and he says NO WAY!

OK, lots of stories about me, but isn't that part of what our connection to music is? This is the soundtrack of our lives, and the shows bring us together as fans to make memories. Paul was one of the many musicians that had a huge impact on my life. Maybe yours too.

Thank you Paul Barrere!

Paul Barrere, lead guitarist for Little Feat, has passed at age 71.

https://www.jambase.com/article/little-feat-paul-barrere-died

Little Feat is one of my favorite bands. Sadly and sorely under-represented in the surround world, they are nevertheless frequent flyers in my speakers. I still consider Waiting For Columbus to be one of the greatest live albums of all time. Paul was predeceased in 1979 by Lowell George, founding lead slide guitarist of Little Feat, and in 2010 by Richie Hayward, the drummer.

After the death of Lowell the band was disbanded from 1980 to 1987. They returned in '87 with a supplemented lineup, which allowed me to see them perform over a dozen times. I met Paul very briefly a couple of times, and he was always very gracious.

My favorite Little Feat story occurred when the band was playing a free concert in a small outdoor venue near me. It seemed inconceivable that they should be playing such a small free gig, but there they were. Someone else in the crowd stepped up to me between two songs and asked "say, who is this band playing all these great Little Feat songs? To which I replied: 'Little Feat!'"

I saw them from the third row this last June, and they were still killin' it. Some young kid came up to me and said "Wow, it is great that you are here! How old are you?" and I said 83! (I'm 57) and he says NO WAY!

OK, lots of stories about me, but isn't that part of what our connection to music is? This is the soundtrack of our lives, and the shows bring us together as fans to make memories. Paul was one of the many musicians that had a huge impact on my life. Maybe yours too.

Thank you Paul Barrere!
I remember listening to your MFSL copy in your basment a couple of years ago and it sounded PERFECT!!!

Little Feat Guitarist Paul Barrere Dead at 71....R.I.P. Paul🌹
3877b2e7ee3204dce2f4acd9e8ebd8cb

Crap
While I haven’t listened in awhile, I thought I would spin this in tribute Paul Barrere. Their only 5.1 DVD Audio - “Kickin’ It At The Barn.” Classic post Lowell George Little Feat albeit ambience only in the rears.
View attachment 43730
I listened to this one today also elmer, and I could swear there are some small discrete elements in the rears, but it sounds good to me non the less.

While I haven’t listened in awhile, I thought I would spin this in tribute Paul Barrere. Their only 5.1 DVD Audio - “Kickin’ It At The Barn.” Classic post Lowell George Little Feat albeit ambience only in the rears.
View attachment 43730

Both "Waiting for Columbus" (the MFSL LP) and Lowell George's "Thanks, I'll eat it here" (WB US LP) decode magnificently well thru DTS NEO or even DPL II, give it a try ( I know, it's a "poor perple's surround" but hey... it's better than a kick in the pants!!!!)

Both "Waiting for Columbus" (the MFSL LP) and Lowell George's "Thanks, I'll eat it here" (WB US LP) decode magnificently well thru DTS NEO or even DPL II, give it a try ( I know, it's a "poor perple's surround" but hey... it's better than a kick in the pants!!!!)
Now hold on there Mr. Big Easy Hot Foot Don't Fail Me Now; there's a much better option called Involve 4.0 surround, which IMNSHO kicks major ass all over DTS NEO or DPL II. (Just sayin' :))

Now hold on there Mr. Big Easy Hot Foot Don't Fail Me Now; there's a much better option called Involve 4.0 surround, which IMNSHO kicks major ass all over DTS NEO or DPL II. (Just sayin' :))
LOL!!!
Tell me how you REALLY FEEL Pupster!!!
I WILL get a SM2 eventually, still have a few things to get first...(ahh ..priorities priorities..)

Back