RIP: Peter Green founder of FleetwoodMac

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks - Peter Green was my favorite British blues guitar player and one of my favorite guitarist in any genre. He was an amazing player and will be missed. Checkout any of the first four Fleetwood Mac albums to hear his beautiful legacy. Peter had a long history of mental health issues that may have started when he ingested LSD with the Grateful Dead while touring. Rest In Peace, Peter!

Devastating news, one of my favorite guitarists, and a major influence to a whole generation of players..

Here's some wiki notes-

Green was a major figure in the "second great epoch"[4] of the British blues movement. B.B. King commented, "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats."[5][6] Eric Clapton has praised his guitar playing;[7] he is noted for his use of string bending, vibrato, and economy of style.[4][8]

Rolling Stone ranked Green at number 58 in its list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".[9] His tone on the instrumental "The Super-Natural" was rated as one of the 50 greatest of all time by Guitar Player.[10] In June 1996, Green was voted the third-best guitarist of all time in Mojo magazine.[11][12]

I'm listening to this tribute SACD I purchased in 2015. It's good stereo.
51AG6xeTP1L.jpg

Love to hear some upmixes of In the Skies or Little Dreamer or Whatchya Gonna Do, White Sky, Kolors. He went thru Electroshock Therapy. Surprised he made it to do the Splinter Group which has some great work. Dude was a fab player.

Back