Ripping Blu Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be possible to enable MMH as an app for media players? Or is it too much of an computer-ish program?

Would it be possible to enable MMH as an app for media players? Or is it too much of an computer-ish program?

Possibly, depending on the operating system. You would need a fairly powerful processor but most modern players should be ok, especially Intel NUCs running Linux. It would be quite a programming job though!

Maybe the best way to do a platform independent version would be to do a web based UI with a few programs installed locally on the device. The UI would be almost same for each just making calls to do the work.

The difficulty for me now is the UI. I’ve coded everything in .NET (Windows) which has become open recently with .NET Core releases (Windows, MAC, Linux compatible) but there’s no UI components outside Windows.

I should get my son involved. He’s a pro developer working for a stock market analyst company here in MEL. It’s all web based. He’d knock it over in no time. (Young family and works 50hrs a week though). He’s into his music, just bought a new 5.1 system. I’ll have a chat, even just to get some advise...

It’s really impressive to see your devotion in this. I suppose a web based ui could work on most media players. Anyway thanks for your effort!

Possibly, depending on the operating system. You would need a fairly powerful processor but most modern players should be ok, especially Intel NUCs running Linux. It would be quite a programming job though!

Maybe the best way to do a platform independent version would be to do a web based UI with a few programs installed locally on the device. The UI would be almost same for each just making calls to do the work.

The difficulty for me now is the UI. I’ve coded everything in .NET (Windows) which has become open recently with .NET Core releases (Windows, MAC, Linux compatible) but there’s no UI components outside Windows.

I should get my son involved. He’s a pro developer working for a stock market analyst company here in MEL. It’s all web based. He’d knock it over in no time. (Young family and works 50hrs a week though). He’s into his music, just bought a new 5.1 system. I’ll have a chat, even just to get some advise...

Hmmm - wish I worked 50 hours per week. lmao
Effing agriculture anyway......

I’m still looking at having a go at doing something on a MAC. It will be a deep learning curve and some tools will be easier than others to convert but I’ll give it a go in early 2019. Probably start with the easier tools which will include convert MKV to FLAC, resampling and modifying channel layouts. I’ll put a call out here on QQ for testers.

I'd be a happy to be a QQ guinea pig on a Mac version of MMH if you'd like.

I am ripping now the Blu Ray of Aryeon Universe, 32 chapters, MKV to MMH, no problem. I was irritated when MKV let me know of a upgrade or whatever and i would need to purchase a key within 30 days, again no problem, but Homer it would be nice to get an email in advance so at the moment you are ready to rip I am not bogged down with logistics that I was unaware of.

They roll the key about 45-60 days at a time. Just paste in the new one and restart. Usually every 3rd key has an update worth installing. At least that is how it has felt the last 2 years

Back